Author Topic: Big Mayla leaves  (Read 3225 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Big Mayla leaves
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2009, 07:17:45 PM »
Big mayla flower.  8 and three quarter in to 9 in dia on 16 in leaf.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2009, 10:47:23 PM »
cant believe we are gonna get to see all that in person in just a little over a week!  I am so excited.  I will be so unhappy with my pond though. 

tink

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2009, 09:30:43 AM »
jw-the lilies I have had in my pond have been in pots.  I'm not good about repotting, so they frequently jump their pots and stick roots into the mud in the bottom.  I currently don't have any lilies since I gave mine away to a friend.  I do have plants that are rooted in the 'mud', hornwort and anachris and pondweed.  When they get too thick, I yank them and give them away, or just toss them in the compost pile. 

Well don't throw them away anymore as I would love to have the hornwort, anacharis and pondweed when you have too much. I will pay you for them and I'm sure many others here would love to have some too. My goldfish love to eat the anacharis and I have a hard time keeping it in the pond. If I could get a good supply going...........and I mean a good supply maybe I could win the battle and keep ahead of the little pigs  ;D Janice

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2009, 07:27:42 PM »
jw- lol  My goldfish nibble on everything.  I don't know if they are actually eating the plant or the algae growing on it.  But I cannot keep duckweed at all, they eat it like popcorn! 
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2009, 08:14:01 PM »
Yep that is why I had to make the floating ring with the net attached all around underneath or they would eat all my duck weed too. I have to ration it to them.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"