Author Topic: Lotus Disease?? lawanna check this out...  (Read 930 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Lotus Disease?? lawanna check this out...
« on: July 08, 2009, 01:20:08 PM »
I absolutely love rosea plena.. she is a work horse but I dont know what else to do with her.  I have had her in every possible part of my yard.  This year I moved her to the big preformed in good sun and I still get the droopsie.. Is this a  lotus disease?  Momo does not do this and it is in the same conditions. About 8 hours full sun. 

Rosea is covered now with bloom and one by one they have all done this. The Stems look like big sections of S's, like they are broke but they are not.. They grow in this crooked way.  Not some of them, all.

tink
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 01:35:44 PM by tinkster »

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Lotus Disease?? lawanna check this out...
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 07:03:14 PM »
Could this be a genetic thing?
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2009, 08:48:20 AM »
I dont know kitty.. I have done everything to try to make her grow right.  I thought it was not enuff sun.  I have never seen a bloom on her that I didnt have to hold it up.  Was wanting lawanna to see to see if she has that problem with her.   She has one also.

tink

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 09:52:08 AM »
I get this in the lotus pond and I think it is from heavy rain and winds...
the flower heads get so heavy they can't hold themselves up in the wind and/or rain.
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »
Tink I have that happen from time to time with the big heavy double blooms...and rosea plena,Mrs.Perry Slocum, and Perry's sunset all have a huge heavy double bloom.......I don't think its a disease...just really long stems and a heavy bloom-kind of like a peony does...the blooms that do that tend to be blooms on the outer edge of the pot..the ones that grow up thru the leaves get alot of support from the leaves themselves....I've looked in my books and can't find any kind of diseases that would cause it...everything that I've read affects the leaves-not the bloom...Maybe Frank might know of something that would cause it...but, I can't find anything...
Lawanna
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 12:44:21 PM by tranquility »
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"