Author Topic: Gonna murder a blooming lotus... Joyce or MCP a favor.....  (Read 854 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Gonna murder a blooming lotus... Joyce or MCP a favor.....
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:31:46 AM »
I dont know what has happened.  My normally very well behaved koi who just barely nibble my liliy leaves on rare occasions have turned into salad eaters.  I dont know if it was when I started growing azola in another pond for them and feeding daily but they are ruining my lilies.  They uprooted a blooming joanna pring and tossed her all over the place, my n pgymae has no visible leafs left and it was massive for a mini, there are bloom stems of huge would be flowers they have chewed off but didnt bother to even eat so I wouldnd know they were eating the blooms to.  I brought home to many lilies I cant replace from Tmikes pond soooo I have decided to dig out the ms perry ( my monster) lotus pond.   I hate killing a blooming beautiful lotus but this was her first year in this pond so shes not huge yet. I am hoping next year that either joyce or mcp can send me back a tuber.  I think you both have them.  Then  I can start her over again after I get another pond ready. hehehe.. I have pulled out the 25 x 50 ft liner I have and started to dig a massive lily pond on the down side of my property.

Tink

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: Gonna murder a blooming lotus... Joyce or MCP a favor.....
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 11:37:16 AM »
I'll have plenty to share of just about everything you lost to the brutes.  8)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 07:12:16 PM »
thanks much!  Tomorrow they will be in the lotus pond and hopefully can recover so if I can replace the lotus I will be one happy person.

tink

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 07:19:44 PM »
Tink,
Will be more than happy to share Lotus with you next year if you need them.
I have been wondering how long before you got that piece of liner out and started using it. Can't wait to see what you build. :)
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"