Author Topic: today's shots  (Read 1211 times)

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
today's shots
« on: July 18, 2009, 09:48:40 PM »
The pond is finally starting to be very relaxing and enjoying. The plants are starting to actually grow. I'm in love!  o(:-)

Offline cricket67

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: today's shots
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2009, 10:07:26 PM »
U have a pretty pond....the fish in the second pic is really really pretty...Nice job... O0

Offline PHYLAL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 04/09/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2009, 07:29:43 AM »
The pond is finally starting to be very relaxing and enjoying. The plants are starting to actually grow. I'm in love!  o(:-)

You have a lovely pond and some beautiful fish.  Yes they are relaxing and quite enjoyable.  I was always a nature lover and an armature photographer, and spent a lot of time along streams, ponds and lakes.  Age and arthritis has slowed me down quite a bit.

My pond has filled in, in many ways.  I get to enjoy the fish, watch them spawn, constantly looking for food, and apparently ‘playing’ (probably anthropomorphism).  I delight in finding the new fry of the season, and watching them grow.  I see the life cycle of frogs and toads, see Dragonflies and Damselflies mating and dipping their eggs into the shallows.  I watch water striders, and boatman and other small aquatic insects in and around the pond.

The pond is also a magnet for many other of God’s creatures, particularly birds, and yes, the occasional heron.  I do all I can to stop them, short of harming them, and despite my dislike of them eating a few of my fish, they are magnificent, almost stately, creatures. 

And then there are the plants.  I love plants.  Not only because they are a vital part of good pond management, but because they add so much color and life to the pond.  Awaiting the first green each spring, and then the first flowers.  They too bring a host of airborne creatures to the pond.

So while I can no longer commingle with nature as I once did, I have managed to bring much of nature to my back yard.  Hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 08:58:31 AM »
Thanks! I do love my pond. It's right next to our patio, so we sit out at night and have a glass of wine and enjoy all the activity. I too am amazed at all the wildlife it attracts.  We had a frog, but haven't heard it in a while and then found bones in the pump basket, so it might have died.

Thanks for the compliments on my fish.  They were inherited when I bought my first house (this is a new pond in a new house).  The only one that I purchased was the all white one.  I would like to get a yellow koi.

Offline lorraine1960

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • Live--Love and pond :)
  • With us since: 18/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 09:05:54 AM »
beautiful  o(:-) o(:-) o(:-) lorraine
lorraine

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2009, 10:53:18 AM »
 O0 O0
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2009, 11:28:08 AM »
Beautiful pond and fish, your water is gorgeous too, so clear and sparkly.  Good work, it's nice to then sit and enjoy it. 

Offline Amy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 31/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2009, 02:33:13 PM »
Looks great and you have some beautiful big fish!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"