Author Topic: Stupid stunt  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Stupid stunt
« on: July 25, 2009, 06:03:38 AM »
I planned on going in to work on the night shift before I called off with my knee but had a doctors appointment in a nearby town at 1:00. So, rather than to burn the gas I rode my Harley to the eye doctor. They told me they were going to dialate my eyes and I told them that I was on a motorcycle. "You'll be fine." she said. It was OK in the office but when I walked out the clouds were blinding. My shades helped a little but the pinpoints of light coming off of the chrome were killing me, I felt like I was drunk. I have a wide chrome strip running down the center of my gas tank and at one point on the freeway there was a sweeping turn, it was absolutely blinding.

What kind of dumb butt says it will be fine to do this? My wife really got steamed that I was stupid enough to let them do this.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Re: Stupid stunt
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2009, 06:56:17 AM »
We need a "Stupid Stunt" Forum.  We are off to a good start with my hair and your eyes!
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline greenthumbnails

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/07/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2009, 07:25:10 AM »
I always feel as if I am kinda druged when I get my eyes dilated and then drive home.  I can never read the words on the signs cause they are blurry. Didn't they use to tell us to not drive after, only everyone does because how else did we get there....
My next female cat will be called "Whata Lily"!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2009, 07:27:57 AM »
I know just what you mean. Even with the sunglasses or the ones they give us, it still isn't enough. I always lower the viser too even when the sun isn't out. Fortunately we live close to the eye place. You must have been a wreck by the time you got home.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2009, 07:56:14 AM »
I didn't need glasses until a few years ago & this one Dr. must have given me too many drops in the eyes.  I got really sick to my stomach, could barely walk, & had to sleep for several hours in order to even function.

They shouldn't have told you that you were OK to drive  >:(

Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2009, 03:49:15 PM »
Should have designated driver for drunken eyeballs next time  :D. I like that idea of a "Stupid Stunt Forum" Jerry O0.

Offline Kabuki

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2009, 04:57:20 PM »
I'm very happy you got home alive.  @O@

Offline Bullfrog

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 04:46:46 AM »
I heard about a guy who rode his motorcycle to get a vasectomy.  Never heard how he got home.  Must assume it was an electric start.

You can't even buy a kick start motorcycle these days unless you are looking at an old vintage Triumph. The Honda Goldwing uses the electric starter motor as it's reverse. Harleys don't have a reverse so if you park a three wheeler, you better be able to get out of the spot because you sure aren't backing the thing up unless you stand in front of the handlebars and push it... if you can. I don't think I'd ride my bike to go get a vasectomy either way though.

Never leave your partner, especially in a fire.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"