Author Topic: Tinksters new plant.  (Read 1239 times)

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Tinksters new plant.
« on: July 31, 2009, 06:59:25 PM »
  Hey Tink hows your new pond coming along ? Full of water I bet.  We got four inches of rain here.  All ponds overflowing. 
  I did a big cull the other day and I left the plant that I gave to you and Bunnie till last.  As I removed all of the plants from around it I realized how controlled the growth was compared to all the other odorata seedlings I was pulling up so I thought I would leave it to grow and see how it does without being overgrown by other plants.  I looked at the label and it says   Mayla  x  Charlene Strawn !   That explains it's lighter center petals and controlled growth. It's probably one quarter or one eighth mexicana.
   So it's probably not the rampant growing leafy plant that I thought it was. If it flowers well it might be worth keeping around for a while.  How's yours doing ?  Mine has been quite light colored and is now starting to darken again.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 07:02:23 PM by turtlemike »

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Tinksters new plant.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 07:55:17 PM »
ARGH!  I'm drooling!  You tease  O0

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 08:52:07 PM »
i am drewling to!  I am   soooooo glad you saved the plant.  The one you sent me home had a huge root on it but very few leaves so the time I broke one off for bunnie I think I was left with one leaf.  I put it in the pond with no koi so it would have a chance and  I am not sure what happen it still has a very healthy looking tuberwith what appears to be a some new leaves coming but no leaves left.  I am so worried about it.. I pulled it from that pond and put it in the new one that is now as you said overflowing with the massive amounts of rain we have had.  I also used my swimming pool hoses and taped them to one of the downspouts so alll that water routed to the new pond.  Which by the way is a total disater!  But anyway I put the lilly in that one out by itself so it doesnt have to compete for sunlight and the water is warmer  I sure hopeibt isnt dead and dreaded telling you that I had possibly killed my first trial for you .

tink
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:54:27 PM by tinkster »

Offline bunny56lbc

• Trade Count: (38)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 09:30:16 PM »
That is so Beautiful...the half tink gave me is starting to grow but no buds yet  :'(
Hopefully it'll bloom this year if not maybe next year....I'm so glad u didn't feed it to the deer .

bonnie

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2009, 05:21:41 PM »
Don't forget me! >:(-
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2009, 07:23:41 PM »
lol scott For some reason I dont think your gonna let him forget you :)

tink

Offline sushi

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2009, 10:38:20 AM »
Wow!  Thats gorgeous   O0

Offline frogman3

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2009, 11:35:52 AM »
That is nice Mike!

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 04:01:30 PM »
  What's the mater with the new pond Tink. did the sides cave in on you ?  Did you leave it liner less ?

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"