Author Topic: Pictures of Naomi and Daddy's  (Read 1933 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pictures of Naomi and Daddy's
« on: November 06, 2006, 05:44:05 PM »
anniversary dinner I made for them.     
Here is the description of what I did. I pureed some cole slaw real fine and added it and some Cool Whip to lime jello and put it in a little jello mold. The roast beef was totally pureed kinda like pate' and I had lots of gravy to put on it if need be and on the mashed potatoes. I cooked up carrots and onions in butter flavoring and brown sugar and then pureed them with maple butter for a soufflé. Hoo boy is that good. I did the whole bag of carrots that way so there'd be some left for us. I pureed up a small croissant into crumbs for daddy and left two whole so Naomi will have something to chew. I bought Italian Wedding soup at D & W and then added some minced garlic and Asiago cheese and pureed it. I put some parsley in afterwards so there were some floaters.  I had some oyster crackers to serve with it. I found small cut glass and silver dishes to use as serving bowls. I  melted some chocolate chips and drizzled it around on the dessert plates and on the strawberry cheesecake. I have a large oval crock pot and put the hot stuff in it to transport.    I took my good china, crystal goblets, silverware, white tablecloth with lace one over it, cloth napkins, and made up the menu you see below. I sprinkled flower petals on the table. The preparations seemed to be going well when my aunt came running in the room and announced that Naomi's brother and his wife had just arrived at my dad's room. Sure enough, they sat there staring at the "happy couple" all through the meal. GRRRR!!! I had dressed up as much as possible to look like a waiter. I wore a black jacket, pants, and a white shirt. I stole a black clip on tie from Pete.

The hospital called at 10:00 and said that Daddy could have finely cut up food "if I didn't already have it made". Well of course I had everything pureed. Besides I didn't want him to have to struggle with something new when he was supposed to be enjoying the event.

If you want to see the other pictures, go to my Photobucket page,
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v336/estherwaayenberg/Daddy%20and%20Naomi%202nd%20Anniversary/

Guess I'd better explain that my dad is in a kind of nursing/rehab home recovering from being run over by a truck August 22. He had 5 broken ribs, two breaks in his lower jaw, a crushed collar bone and shoulder bone, collapsed lung, both sides of his skull between his eyes and ears were broken, and terrible scrapes on both sides of his face, and both arms. He had his mouth wired totally shut for 8 weeks. That is why his food had to be pureed.  Hopefully he'll be released to go home in a week or so. Not bad for an 85 year old man, huh?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 06:01:50 PM by Esther »

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
Re: Pictures of Naomi and Daddy's
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2006, 05:51:54 PM »
What a nice celebration! He sure looks great, especially considering the extent of his recent injuries. Congratulation on the anniversary!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2006, 06:10:50 PM »
He looks pretty darn good! O0
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tammie

• Trade Count: (20)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2006, 08:29:57 PM »
Esther what a wonderful thing to do for your Dad and Naomi!  He looks great too!
Tammie

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2006, 09:04:57 PM »
Wow, he looks amazing!  O0 What a handsome couple.

He doesn't look a day over 65.  O0 8) 8) 8) (8:-)
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2006, 09:13:15 PM »
YOu are amazing Esther!   Love the photos and so glad your dad will hopefully be coming home soon and in time for the holidays.  I love all your ideas for puree food!

Tinkster

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2006, 11:11:28 PM »
God bless you, Esther.  You went all out and thought of everything to make an especially nice celebration for your dad and Naomi.  Everything is lovely and he couldn't have had a better meal at a 5 star restaurant.  I hope your dad is home soon.  He looks great.  I can't imagine all that he went through.  God bless your dad and Naomi too on their anniversary and I wish them many more.
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline terri

• Members
  • With us since: 22/10/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2006, 04:48:43 AM »
What a beautiful thing for you to do... Congratulations to the happy couple.
Your father looks fabulous! Wishing them both many more years of wedding bliss.
terri
1500 gallon pond. Most residents are 11 yrs old. Most are Koi, with one 9 yr old bullhead catfish. Residents took a trip of one hr to their new home. We all moved to this home just over a yr ago. They love their new digs!

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2006, 05:16:55 AM »
Thanks folks. He is an example of why it's important to eat and live healthy and stay active.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2006, 10:38:43 AM »
Wow Esther, I'm in awe of your creative resoursefulness and the energy it must have taken to actually see this thing through!  Your Dad and Naomi look wonderful too!  Happy Anniversary to them both!  o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2006, 01:30:58 PM »
I'm so happy to see your parents enjoying their anniversary! You thought of everything Esther. What a loving thing to do. Happy Anniversary to them!

GAJen

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2006, 03:40:50 PM »
Blows me away Esther .....very nice of you.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"