Author Topic: A few ideas you may find useful  (Read 761 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
A few ideas you may find useful
« on: August 15, 2009, 10:27:44 AM »
Fertigation In Your Landscape & Garden
The process of distributing water soluble fertilizers through your drip irrigation system is known as fertigation. A fertilizer injector is the most efficient way to feed plants. It delivers nutrients in liquid form directly to the roots of plants and is a fast and accurate way to feed an entire garden, landscape, orchard, nursery or greenhouse. Our favorite product for fertigating home landscapes and gardens is the EZ-Flo Fertilizer Injector. It is the most economical, flexible and easy to use fertilizer injector we have seen. Just fill the tank with either premixed dry fertilizer or a concentrated liquid fertilizer, set the adjustment valve and the fertilizer solution will automatically flow when the system runs.

Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: A few ideas you may find useful
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 11:39:01 AM »
My entire yard is drip irrigation consisting mostly 2gph emitters, a few 1gph emitter, several micro sprinklers and a few laser drilled 1/4" lines.  I built my system with a fertilizer attachment that has micro mesh screens and takes tablets or granular fertilizer but I have been afraid to use it for fear of eventual clogging of the emitters.  I have hard water and thus far the minerals have not clogged the emitters.  I guess I could try it on just one drip line for a season or two and see what happens.  I'll have to do some research on E-Z Flow. 
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline jw

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 22/02/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 12:06:43 PM »
So is this like the liquid cow poop that farmers use to fertilize their fields? My DH was talking about doing this to our lawn but I thought it would stink up the whole neighborhood  ::).

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 12:24:08 PM »
hmmm. . . I might need to get me one of those. I have drip that runs to every plant in my yard.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 05:50:19 PM »
Awwww, just making simpler in every way.   I will check it out too when I redone my drip system.  O0

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"