Author Topic: Results of Fund Raiser  (Read 1106 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Results of Fund Raiser
« on: August 18, 2009, 03:28:58 PM »
1st Annual Super Bub's 4-Man Golf Scramble~~
Despite torrential downpours and occasional lightning and thunder, God blessed the Super Bub Scramble in a big way! Almost everyone showed up, even though the weather was less than encouraging. Some great prizes were raffled off and even though only a brave few golfed, the Scramble raised $3,000 for the CNCF! Jason and Robin are already working on next year, with a goal to double the amount raised. Many thanks to all those who worked so hard to make this a success--the golf course staff, organizers Jason and Robin Peless, and all who donated of their time, talent, and treasure.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Results of Fund Raiser
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 03:37:28 PM »
Good news, Esther!! Keep me posted about next year, I will be willing to help out again.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 03:44:44 PM »
That's great, Esther. 

Does that $3000 come just from the golf game, or does it include the auction and any other donations? 

Offline fishlipsmcgee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 05:51:06 PM »
Great Esther!  Congratulations!  Next year will be even better
Shot, beaten, starved, sold for medical research...
No wonder they run so fast.
Save a retired racing greyhound.

The Racing Life...One out of two will have NO LIFE after racing - Adopt a Retired Racing Greyhound

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:47:09 PM »
I feel so bad. I didn't even go. It started pouring early morning that day and continued on with sporatic thunder and lightning during the morning. So we, not being golfers, assumed there would be a rain date given and nothing would happen. WE WERE TOTALLY WRONG. There were 8 people, making up two teams who played 8 holes and finally the golf course people called them in because of the threat from the lightening. Everybody else at least stopped by. NOT US!! Turns out they held the raffle but ended up having to call everybody and either have them pick up their prize or deliver it. I guess the $3000 was the total of what will be sent to CNCF. The course issued coupons to the golfers so they can still do their 18 holes when they get a chance as they had to pay for the day ahead of time. I had intended to be there when the raffle was held and get pictures, especially of the items you guys donated. I didn't get pictures of ANYTHING!!! But Dawn and Kevin and her sister and her husband seemed to be happy with the results so I guess even though the weather was awful, they were satisfied with the results.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"