Author Topic: Howell- Visualizing works for getting cars, too!  (Read 725 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Howell- Visualizing works for getting cars, too!
« on: August 18, 2009, 01:55:21 PM »
Howell, I was afraid you wouldn't revist the Parakeet thread, so I started a new one....

Here's a true story about how I got my first mini-van:

I was needing a used mini van for my business, and knew exactly what I wanted, but was having trouble finding it.  I wanted a Chevy Astro cargo van, and I had a list of all the options I wanted and didn't want.  There seemed to be no place in Houston that sold used work vans, and I was having a devil of a time.  Then I found a dealer in Fort Bend County (20 miles away) that specialized in used trucks and vans.  I visited and told them what I wanted, and said I expected to have to wait 'til they found the right one, and I settled down to wait for their call.

Well, they never did.  That turned out to be a good thing, because I later came to realize they didn't sell very good vehicles, and were literally a side-of-the-road sort of operation.  No real office or car lot or anything, and definately no business sense or service.

So I was about to give up on actively searching.  What I did was say, "I'm going to put this out to the Universe, to find me a van."  So I sat down and wrote down on a piece of paper exactly what I wanted, the year, style, features (A/C and radio, but no power windows or power locks), price, that sort of thing.  Then I said, "What the heck, I'll write down my favorite color, too."  So I added the words "Color:  Teal ," and set the paper aside, and went on with my life.

Well, not too long after, I was driving to Dallas, and a few miles up I-45, for some reason at a particular point in the road, I looked over to my left, and there alongside the highway service road was a car dealership that specialized in only used trucks and vans.  !!  So I copied down the name.

When I got back from vacation, I looked them up, and phoned the dealership and got a nice salesman.  I explained to him what I was looking for, and said that I realized I would have to wait until the right van came in.  The salesman said to me, "Well, I'm looking over my shoulder out the window, and I'm looking at a van exactly like that right now."

So I drove there immediately, and there was EXACTLY what I had wanted, with all the features I wanted, none that I did not want, and even some that I didn't realize I wanted (like a switch to over ride the dome light, which I didn't even know existed).  And - guess what color it was... Right - TEAL!  The price was right, too, they gave me a fair trade-in on my old Toyota, and so I went home with a new (used) van!

That turned out to be a good relationship, as I later bought my next two vans from them, and in turn, I did wallpaper jobs for the owner of the business, and several times worked for his son and daughter-in-law. 

See?  It WORKS!

Sorry about the long post.  Next to Esther, I think I'm tops in lengthy posts.  But, this story, you had to know all the parts.

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Howell- Visualizing works for getting cars, too!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 10:30:53 PM »
Wow that is just so awesome julles...dreams do come true...
I am so happy for ya it worked so good...Ok where is my pencil let me write it down..new 2010 lambo hahahahajk...lol lol
but yeah some things just work their way in some mysterious ways that you will just not expect..strange things have happen to me too...
Thanks julles for sharing...
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"