Author Topic: Waste Management...  (Read 1590 times)

Offline mascot

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Waste Management...
« on: November 19, 2009, 02:32:36 PM »
removed
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 11:14:57 AM by Blind 'Too »
I'm broke and can't afford to pay attention, so you might have to lend me an ear.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Waste Management...
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2009, 04:56:34 PM »
You may need to call the city.  Hopefully they will inform WM since it is the city that awards the company a contract to pickup trash in your area.   :D
I think my trash bins from WM are way too big for the weekly pick ups of waste, recycle and plant waste.  But if I down size I will never be able to get the large ones I have now for those days when I decide to do spring cleaning, drink a lot of wine, or trim un-compostable plants.  I have to walk by 3 huge bins when I go through the side yard.  There's no hiding them.  ::)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2009, 05:19:17 PM »
In protest, put your yard waste in the gray can. ;D
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2009, 06:24:27 PM »
Waste Management is a HUGE company and huge companies don't have to have good customer service.  They exist because they know you need them.  Sounds like they need a little good old American competition..... 8)

That being said, I'm with Annette--call the city since that would be the next best step to customer service:  the city gets enough complaints--the company complies or they award the waste contract to someone else.   :)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline karen J

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2009, 08:28:09 PM »
Waste Management is a HUGE company and huge companies don't have to have good customer service.  They exist because they know you need them.  Sounds like they need a little good old American competition..... 8)

I live in an unincorporated area that doesn't contract through village taxation. I called a company called "Groot", and they haul my trash away for much cheaper than WM. I'm amazed at how "big" WM is. Good ole American competition!

However, they don't want to take our yard waste unless we pay big bucks, So we burn it.  ;) Or we put the leaves in a big pile out back and by spring it has decomposed into a nice nothingness that feeds the woods.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2009, 05:22:33 AM »
That's what I liked about Florida, there was an option when it came to garbage. The county we lived in had recycle centers located conveniently nearby that you could haul your garbage to for free. Anything from household garbage up to scrap iron. Even yard waste. :) There was also another garbage service in some parts of the county. I believe the county ran the landfill and the recycle centers.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2009, 12:11:18 PM »
I'm so glad that someone called you back with a positive solution to the problem.  I think that many workers today are just there in body collecting a pay check (what a mindless existence   ::))  and not that they are representatives of the company they work for.  ATTITUDE is everything.   ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2009, 04:13:05 PM »
then I later found out I was alloted one replacement a year at no charge...even if the can is lost or stolen!
This is good to know.

And don't get me started on the cable company..... >:(- >:(- >:(-

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »
Oh you are bringing back bad memories.  I hated the cable company, really hated them.  Funny, now I'm having a hard time remembering their name but... wait, it just came to me, Viacom.  They reached the pinnacle of bad customer service, they went above and beyond just ignoring the customer.  They had a monopoly where I lived in Calif and they knew you could not escape, they could treat you as badly as they wanted.  Argh, it's all coming back to me now.  One of the most rewarding phone calls I've ever made was when I called them up and told them to take their service and put it where the sun don't shine.  I'd sold the house and I was out of there.    Customer service is not one of the things Mexico is known for but I have never dealt with anyone down here, including the telephone company and the govt offices, that even approached the horror that was Viacom.  The garbage company was no great shakes either now that I think about it.  I love the garbage company here, they pick up every evening, 6 days a week, and take recyclables and yard waste - bagged separately - for the grand sum of about US$14 a YEAR!  All I have to do is put the bag on the sidewalk next to my door and they pick it up sometime between 4:30pm and 8pm. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"