Author Topic: Blue twins, tropical blooms  (Read 4441 times)

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
Re: Blue twins, tropical blooms
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2009, 03:07:39 PM »
That's excellent info Dan, it's what I needed to know.  I have a couple of starts but I'm not sure whether one or more is Foxfire.  I stupidly wrote on the bowl they are in and then they floated out and I repotted them and now I don't know which is which.  Once they have real floating leaves it will be a little easier but really I need to wait until they bloom.  Luckily, I only have 4 lilies and they are very different so I will be able to identify them.  If more than one is a Foxfire I will try drying it out for a few months and see if sets a tuber. 

Glad you got the ampla and they are sprouting.  Those are our native Yucatan lilies right?  Have you seen the white ones that grow profusely in Guatemala, around Rio Dulce?  When we were there they covered many hectares of river shallows and they were all in bloom, incredible. 

The little stars in the colors of the Mexican flag, were they in the package as well?  Christmas decorations? 

Offline HOWELL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2009, 03:58:10 PM »
Hey yo!!!!!
Well even though I've been gone for sometime I still come here and read what you people have to say, hey daniel I see you got what you wanted that is cool...
Hey Jonna I was in the US yesterday really loving it....I miss the US everyday of my life so freaking much...I wished I would've stayed there a whole lot longer but hope that maybe next spring break I will get to stay in dallas for the two weeks we have off down here in mexico...
Yesterday all of the stores in SA town were chaotic you will see chaos everywhere you look within the stores..I was pretty amazed at how much those stores sell during the winter seasonal sales....it was crazy..
Still miss it though...The good last thing was that I went to sonic and I got myself the best delicous sweet tea, in the size of route 44......I love the tea there, it is unbelieveable good..anyways hope I will get to talk to all of you a whole lot more soon...so see ya.
And happy holidays anyone...
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Offline robie

• Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2009, 04:11:17 PM »
hi bigdan ¡¡

i have  one tuber of  bluestar ,  and one tuber of  woods blue goddess ,  is not by jonna , 
its  by pirañin ¡¡¡

do you want it ? 
just let me know and i send it  to beto ¡¡

O0 O0
i love my turtle and pond ¡¡¡

Offline BigDan

• Members
  • With us since: 31/10/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2009, 05:37:24 PM »
Jonna, yes, the decoration was in the package. you know Mexicans are very patriotic!

Robie, thanks for the offer. But I can get those two here from Carito or other members of ElEstanque.com. N. ampla was a different thing, as is 'Foxfire', because they are nowhere to be found in Argentina...

Now that I have my ampla, maybe is time I start planning a trip to Mérida and Oaxaca... ;) ;)
Daniel

“Escucho y olvido, veo y recuerdo, hago y aprendo”
- CONFUCIO -

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2009, 08:33:41 PM »
Jonna, yes, the decoration was in the package. you know Mexicans are very patriotic!

Robie, thanks for the offer. But I can get those two here from Carito or other members of ElEstanque.com. N. ampla was a different thing, as is 'Foxfire', because they are nowhere to be found in Argentina...

Now that I have my ampla, maybe is time I start planning a trip to Mérida and Oaxaca... ;) ;)
I'm not that patriotic....I do not even like mexico that much..shhh do not tell anyone I said that...lol

Offline Jonna

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Blah... blah... blah... Ginger!
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2009, 12:00:26 AM »
That's OK Howell, I'll kick in the extra love for old Mexico for you.  I'm a zealous convert.  Truthfully, I think you will see the beauty in both countries as you get older.  We always seem to think that what we have is not as cool, hip and fun as what we only get to visit occasionally.  You are blessed to have 2 cultures and 2 ways of seeing the world, that will always give you an advantage in life.   Enjoy them both when you are in them and learn to see the beauty in both, then you'll be ready to take on the rest of the world  O0   

Dan, I hope you do visit Mérida.  I'd love to meet you.  If you come up, I'll host a Yucatecan ponders party.  Maybe we could get Howell down here too and show him another side of México. 

Offline robie

• Members
  • With us since: 16/06/2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2009, 11:14:34 AM »

if you come to merida  ,  te invito un pozole en mi casa ¡¡¡

O0 O0
i love my turtle and pond ¡¡¡

Offline HOWELL

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 11:49:06 AM »
Hahahah thanks both...robie and Jonna that would be awesome....I've never been that south in mexico..so...lol
We call south anything below our state ahahahahaha...Jonna I love both Mexico and America but the thing is I get to do so much stuff there beside when I'm here...
Anyways hope I will get to go down there soon...

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"