Author Topic: Bad Weather  (Read 1620 times)

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
Bad Weather
« on: November 15, 2006, 08:13:37 AM »
So who is getting it? They claim we are suppose to have rough weather tonight but it hasn't rained here in so long I'm not getting my hopes up that the ground will get wet.

Offline Desertponder

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Bad Weather
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 09:05:28 AM »
Its been gloomy and spitting rain and snow for the last couple of days. Had some nasty wind yesterday too. The mountains around us are getting heavy snow.
Shanna
A true-blue kiddie pool, whiskey barrel & stock tank  ponder! :yes:
If it can hold water.....it's a watergarden!

Offline LilithFair

• Members
  • With us since: 10/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 09:52:06 AM »
We're in line too. Its 80 right now, nice and humid...it has started to kinda cloud over a bit and the wind is kicking up a little, but the real weather is supposed to hit tonight....80% chance of rain tonight and into tomorrow then the temps drop for a few days. No frost predicted so far, just high 30's/low 40's kinda stuff at night, 68-72 day.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 05:16:14 PM »
Chilly here, and has rained since early morning.  It finally stopped real late this afternoon.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 06:02:52 PM »
Worse than normal rain and wind here. Some parts of the state flooded badly last week.
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 06:03:48 PM »
Oh baby!  If you are sposta get what we got today, the ground is gonna get wet!!!  We had flooding and the roads were a mess.  I had a day anyway, and had to run across town to get the girls from school and then home and then get back to where I was to start with. . . . should have taken me about an hour - took me almost 3 hours!!!  What a huge, unbearable mess!!!

Offline frloplady

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 06:07:11 PM »
Washington state has been a wet mess...and we've even gotten a little bit of rain on this side (the dry side) of the mountains.  Rivers were flooded because of a good snowfall..and then it warmed up and rained.  Was raining in Seattle area today when we were over there (what else is new?).  Dry here when we got home but very windy. 

Mary

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 06:16:16 PM »
I'm located where Lilith is. My son had his regularly scheduled swim lessons tonight at 6:30 outdoors, it was a lovely night. I hear it's going to be the coldest day of the year tomorrow with rain. A co-worker is already camping out by Best Buy in hopes of snatching up some more Play station 3's to mark up and sell on ebay. He's already pre-ordered some Nintendo Wii systems, PS3's, and even Elmo TMX toys. This guy is 24, and it blows me away....
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

GAJen

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2006, 08:41:01 AM »
 :no:Well they predicted tornado's or damaging winds with rain.....we only got .47 of an inch and that is it. Hope you all with bad weather get better weather soon and sure wish we'd get some much needed rain. Teresa, the wind blew but nothing like you all got.

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 09:36:20 AM »
It's been tough here too.  Sunny skies, temps in the low to mid 80's........... (ducking)
American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2006, 10:33:55 AM »
When the weather left here, it turned north and it's been hitting in the carolinas . . . . I know you need rain, but you didn't need this!!!  Hope everyone in the carolinas is doing ok.

GAJen

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2006, 08:27:30 AM »
Way too cold here this weekend. Poor little fishies..... o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"