Author Topic: My returning pond plants and a few new ones.  (Read 1255 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My returning pond plants and a few new ones.
« on: April 18, 2010, 05:00:31 PM »
I got out yesterday with the camera and took some pictures of the plants that I have so far this year.

The first is Common Arrowhead. Something told me that this would be back.

The next one is one of my new plants, Giant Duckweed.

This is my one and only dwarf hardy, Helvola.

They say that this is hard to get rid of and I believe it, Horsetail rush.

Two of the plants in this pic surprised me when they came back, the Graceful dwarf cattail, which came back rapidly, and Lizard tail, which teased me till it finally put out a leaf. The third is a water iris of which I don't which color.

The Parrot Feather showed signs of life during the first warm spell.

This was another little surprise. This is my Pennywort like I sent Michelle last year. The leaves are tiny compared to what they were last year but it's early yet. ;)

Here is my Pickerel Rush. I knew that this and the Common Arrowhead would return.

I goofed when I moved up here and put one Spatterdock in with the marginals. This one got put in the right place and it came back.

If you look real close, you can see the blooms on the Sweetflag.

This is another new one. This is the Water Hawthorn that Annette sent me seeds to O0.

This is all hardy lilies, Spatterdock, and Eel Grass.

This is a few little hardy divisions from last year.

The next two pics are Yellow Floating Heart that I got from Katfish last year. The first is in with the marginals and the second is the preform that my Euryale was in last year.

Finally, I will end this part of the post with the first flower in the pond this year. This is a white water iris that I bought at Wal-Mart. It was one of the box plants but I can't remember what it was called. Anyhow, it brightened up the pond. :)

I hope that this is enough pics to do y'all for a while. ;D I'll add more as I notice anymore coming back.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My returning pond plants and a few new ones.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2010, 05:28:37 PM »
That's great! I wish I had duckweed like that! My koi eat it faster than it can grow! :(

Offline purplepshn2004

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2010, 07:25:40 PM »
Nice pic's Scott!  You certainly have a lot! I need to post some of mine.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2010, 05:33:17 AM »
Thanks ladies.

Holly, that duckweed came from a member of another forum. My regular duckweed is slowly returning in the water lily tank.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline KatFish

• Trade Count: (6)
  • Members
  • With us since: 20/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2010, 09:37:51 AM »
Looking good!  My Arrowhead didn't come back this year  :'(  I lost most of my marginals!  Oh, well - that gives me room to try new things! 

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 12:44:36 PM »
Looking good, Scott!  It must be warming up really fast in your neck of the woods.  Naturally the water hawthorne looks like you are doing something right!

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 05:46:24 PM »
Thanks Katfish and Annette.

Annette, those seedlings are in peat pots and I will transfer them to plastic pots soon.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Offline Rad Michelle

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • hakuna matata
  • With us since: 08/05/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 04:04:35 PM »
Your huge pennywart is doing amazing by the way. I'll have to share pics when computer is fixed as it is still leaving me m.I.a

Offline PondmaninAL

• Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2010, 06:21:36 PM »
Yeah, Michelle, those little leaves are getting bigger everyday.

By-the-way, people are asking for you in the chat room. Hurry up and get that computer fixed. >:(-

O0

:angel:
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"