Author Topic: SURPRISE!!  (Read 888 times)

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
SURPRISE!!
« on: May 18, 2010, 11:43:34 AM »
That's right! This year has brought a little surprise to me from the pond. The dwarf cattail variety, Graceful cattail is producing catkins this year. Have a look.

I got this from Susan back on July 2007. This is the first year for catkins. Thank you again, Susan (if you are still here :) ).
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: SURPRISE!!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:41:37 PM »
I had the mini cat-tails until last fall when I just cleaned all the weedy like plants away.  Like papyrus (large ones and mini's), umbrellas (also large and mini's) they grew so fast and so heavy that I couldn't handle them anymore.  I miss them all but It's just as well since I can't take care of them anymore.

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 07:25:01 PM »
Just like out in Mother Nature's ponds!

Do you think that's because of the new environment? 

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2010, 05:43:46 AM »
Julles, I do think it might be the new environment. Actually, it might be the cooler climate/climate zone. They also surprised me on their come back in Spring when one day, the pot has no green in it and the next day it was full of green sprouts. They are actually growing faster than the regular cattails and are taller.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"