Author Topic: Finally!!! They Arrested someone for killing JonBenet  (Read 2576 times)

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Finally!!! They Arrested someone for killing JonBenet
« on: August 16, 2006, 02:25:57 PM »
We heard much more than we ever wanted to about this because a lot of it went on here in Atlanta after the parents moved back here.  Of course everyone had their opinions about who was guilty.  The whole thing was just plain sad.

http://www.comcast.net/news/index.jsp?cat=GENERAL&fn=/2006/08/16/456918.html&cvqh=jonbenet_latest

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Finally!!! They Arrested someone for killing JonBenet
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 02:37:30 PM »
It certainly was sad. But it sounds like they have the right person. I heard he divulged details never released to the public.
It's too bad her mom didn't live to see this. She passed away recently from cancer.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 02:53:25 PM »
That was my first thought when I heard the news too, Cath.  It might have given the mother some much needed peace.

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 05:14:33 PM »
Patsy just died about a month ago and I thought at the time that it was sad she didn't get to see her daughter's killer brought to justice . . . family member, friend or whatever.

Here's another story . . . http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 08:11:41 AM »
The news reports today said that the mom knew they were after a suspect at the time of her death. I hate to be the conspiracy theorist here, but maybe the mom was involved with this guy and made some confession on her death bed? It's rather strange how the suspect states "no comment" on knowing the family and also on how he got into the house.
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Johns

• Trade Count: (11)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Garden Endeavors
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 10:39:53 AM »
This guy is bad but may not be the one.  I certainly hope his DNA is a match.  He claims to have drugged Jonbenet but the tox screen indicated no drugs.  We will see....

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 11:22:37 AM »
yes johns, his story is full of holes.  A sicko , no doubt, but let the law takes it's course.

it strikes me odd that so many felt the parent/s did it and now they have trouble believing a confession.  As I said, it may be a phony one.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline jclements

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • In the Garden Photoblog
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 12:03:32 PM »
I should clarify...I don't think the mom consented to the death of her daughter, I just wondered if she had been involved with this nut before the murder. It's just strange how the father has commented when asked about knowing this guy, and also how the guy has talked about the mother and involvement with the family. Also how he wrote the mom weeks ago. Maybe he was just ultra-obsessed with the case, or maybe he knows the real murderer?

It's very weird indeed. Hopefully there is a DNA match on this guy!
Jessica
Dallas, TX
Photoblog:  http://jessicaclements.wordpress.com

Offline Teresa

• Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 04:49:39 PM »
From what I heard on the national news, this guy had been 'helping' the guy who is producing a documentary about the investigation.  His emails were a little too detailed and when the producer turned them over to the police, he knew things that had never been released to the public.

He was a school teacher here in the Atlanta area and that's apparently how he first came into contact with the family - tho where he taught was quite a way from where they lived.

I don't know who did it - but it was a terribly sad thing to happen to a beautiful little girl. 

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 08:01:07 PM »
I don't believe media hype. I'll believe DNA matches, though, which I hope comes to pass. Hopefully, this investigation will put away the criminal and put to rest the rumors.

I do think the little girl was beautiful, but find it a tad strange that her parents  exploited her so much. I would never want my kids involved with any of that "pagent" type of garbage, although there are certainly parents out there that think it's normal. Strange world.
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2006, 08:17:31 PM »
Karen J,
  My thoughts exactly. My 17 year old son said tonight that whenever he sees the videos of her she looks like a tiny hooker in strange outfits wiggling her little behind and twirling around to show off her body. He said "Why would any parent dress their child up in things like that then have her strutting across a stage like she's an adult". Pretty insightful for a teenager.
  Especially when there are perverts who prey on kids as it is. I can only imagine how much extra the outfits and actions do for those weirdos!!
Cath
zone 5b

Offline karen J

• Members
    • View Profile
    • Karen's Frog Pond
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2006, 09:53:15 PM »
Cath, your 17 YO son is very insightful. It really causes me to pause, too. It seems obvious that the little girl was quite beautiful & talented, but the cost far outweighed any kind of reward. I'd love to see the pervert who killed her put away forever.

So sad. :'(
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 09:58:25 PM by karen J »
Karen
Northern Illinois, zone 5

http://www.pbase.com/karenfrogpond

Offline Jerry

• Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2006, 10:09:02 AM »
Me too Karen J.  but i bet this guy won't even be charged.  He is a sicko but all the evidence says he is just seeking noteriety.  if the DNA matches they will go forward, but it is not likely {-)

The whole thing is disgusting. parading a child around like a trollop to fill some parental need.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"