Author Topic: Both thrones done  (Read 1440 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Both thrones done
« on: June 05, 2010, 06:25:43 PM »
A lady asked Pete if he would make two thrones for a summer kids club. One was supposed to be larger than the other and more ornate. So Pete made the frame and I covered the legs with lace and sprayed it with gold. Then I added the oak pieces of leftover woodwork and upholstered it and decorated the top for the queen. By the way, we didn't buy anything for this project. We used scraps and recycled stuff. I'm still working on the king's throne.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:28:03 AM by Esther »

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: One throne done
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 07:56:10 AM »
Amazing.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
Re: Both thrones done
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:28:25 AM »
Here's the other one.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:32:58 AM »
Very nice deed indeed!  Using all the scrap is very resourceful!  Once again....great job!

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 12:17:46 PM »
Once again Esther, you and Pete have outdone yourselves!!!  I'm sure my granddaughters would each love one of those!   :)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 01:59:15 PM »
Nice

at first I couldn't remember you saying you were working in the bathrooms   ;D  it's been a long day already  :(

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2010, 05:38:31 PM »
LOL @ Sue. The other day on Facebook, I told the lady who asked us to make these that I couldn't come to help paint props at church because the throne was calling to me. Then I realized she probably thought I had diarrhea and decided to clarify my comment.

Offline Bearb

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 29/08/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 02:42:31 PM »
Those came out nice!
Bryan

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 08:26:41 PM »
Thanks. They were fun to do because it kinda didn't matter how they turned out. I mean because they were just props for the skits, it wasn't like they were for somebody's living room. But it still took for ever to decorate them and do the upholstery. I hot glued the decorations on but then drilled through the centers and nailed them also so they wouldn't get knocked off easily.

And for Pete, he was practicing making the mortise and tenon joints and also used the Kreg jointer too so they are well made actually. Just not perfect. LOL.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"