Author Topic: Using A Pool Sand Filter system with Bio media (Please help!!!)  (Read 1276 times)

Offline Eric_Bowman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Please Help!!!!! I am constructing a new 6000 gallon pond and I was considering going with a pool sand filter system using Bio tubes insted of sand. Also I will use a pond pump for the system not a costly to operate pool pump. I can put everything together to obtain the right Volume or GPM. The Hayward S310T2 pool filter system has the same features as the Ultima II pond filter system at 1/3 of the cost. Can someone please tell me if this will or will not work and why?

Eric

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Using A Pool Sand Filter system with Bio media (Please help!!!)
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 05:41:38 AM »
Eric, if the pool filter is the same as the pond filters, then it should work. I've not had either but am looking for an old sand filter to convert.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Eric_Bowman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 06:30:10 AM »
Thanks, That is what I am thinking but I was hoping to find someone who is currently using one that can rave on how great it works... lol GO TIDE!!! Im south of you in Mobile.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 06:22:07 PM »
Eric, it's good to have another Bama member. If you find yourself with nothing to do at night, come and visit with us in the chat room. There are two other members here that live in Alabama. One of those just moved from Bay Minette to north Alabama and the other is in Athens. They come to the chat room every now and then along with other members all around the country but the South rules. ;D O0

By the way, glad to have another Tide fan here. ROLL TIDE!
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 06:23:32 PM »
That's what I had on our old 4700 gallon pond. It worked ok, honestly I like my skippy filter better.  We never could get that pond water clear. 

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"