Author Topic: water flow on Teirs  (Read 1222 times)

Offline lerchcon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
water flow on Teirs
« on: July 14, 2010, 07:19:56 PM »
Does anyone else have problems with the waterfall going all the way across the teir when it goes into the pond?  I have a pump that is well enough.  And the top two teirs are good the waterfall covers the whole pice of flagstone.  I always have a problems with this, so I move rocks around and then water flows where it wasnt then stops flowing in another section, I am irritated with this.  I have checked it is level, I think it maybe the pump, even if i celan thebottom of the pump it doesnt seem to change theamount fo water flow, any suggestions?  Should I cement the entire top waterfall so no water escapes underneath the rocks, and is forced down the falls, anyone have tricks up their sleeves?

Calpump pw3900 submergible

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: water flow on Teirs
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 08:31:43 AM »
Someone will know the name of the foam goop you can spray in place to block the water from going under or around the rocks on your waterfall.  Having a major senior moment now and can't think of the name.  I can remember Esther mentioning it in a few places... :P

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:43:42 AM »
Expandable foam--Great Stuff at Home depot, hardware stores etc. sprays out a cream colored foam but turns an olive green when out in the open. In the pond/waterfall I would think it would get algaed up shortly but you'd have to shut off your waterfall to dry out the surfaces and then leave it off to let the foam dry. There is a more expensive black foam available at most ponding stores or online.

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 01:53:14 PM »
There are formulas for figuring how much pumpage you need to create "X" amount of sheeting on your tiers.  Not that I know then, but you can probably Google and find out.  Sounds like you need either more gph or to seal the falls and stop water from escaping. 

Offline Reedman

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 02:00:01 PM »
I have a 4" 45 degree angle PVC pipe discharge starting my waterfall.  I have a 10" flat and round rock right at the discharge and that fans the water out the entire width of the waterfall tier stones.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Brian

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 17/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 02:26:57 PM »
Esther,
Great Stuff turns Olive Green for you?  For me it turns bright orange after a few weeks.  I've painted it, but doesn't seem to stick for very long.  I would be happy for the olive green...at least it looks more natural.
Greenwood, Indiana Zone 5-6
"umop ap!sdn w,I aw dlaH"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline lerchcon

• Members
  • With us since: 11/07/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 12:36:29 AM »
I will do some research, I think that I will be looking at sealing the waterfall in, But I will post when I have the time to do it, thank you all I was just curious if anyone else has had this issue

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"