Author Topic: some days...  (Read 1382 times)

Offline zydia

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 12/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
some days...
« on: July 28, 2010, 10:35:22 AM »
Are perfect days to sit by the pond and all is well. Plants are looking good, and water is crystal clear, and fish are happy to share your company.

Some days ya just wonder why do I keep battling this money pit in the ground? Plants are yellow, water is murky, fish have spot you are worrying about.

It is a perfect day today to be pond side in wisconsin. Wet pets are happy. water is perfect, and plants are healthy.

How are things in your pond today????

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: some days...
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:39:30 AM »
I hear ya Zydia. But that's the way with anything in life. Sometimes the kids behave and you're proud of them and sometime's you wish they belonged to somebody else. Jobs, cars, spouse, relatives, pets, gardens, appliances ---- my hair, my shape, my memory, ----that's life. sometimes it goes well and other times----------- not so well. I'm glad your pond is behaving right now. Take a picture and paste it on the front window for the next time it doesn't look so well.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:40:32 PM »
Yep..........I have to agree.  I try not to be too critical on myself about weeds, etc. and just ENJOY the pond.  I just wish it would cool off so I could sit outside.  Too hot again today to be out.

Offline Holldoll

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 08:23:39 PM »
for two weeks it's been perfect around here! We sit outside and eat our dinner every  night.  LOVE it!

Offline tugo

• Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 01:53:34 AM »
All was perfect here but I couldn't stop thinking how all this beautiful surrounding will look like in winter, most will be gone. Sad. I was pessimistic, don't know why:((

Offline Julles

• Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 06:50:34 AM »
My pond and yard are doing fine.  I enjoy watching the fish when I have the time, and neighbors (especially their kids) love to stop by. 

Offline PondJoy

• Members
  • With us since: 14/01/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 11:02:45 AM »
Same here Julles.....but the heat is taking its toll on my plants....however, they seem to be holding their own.  The fishes are covered up with plants so they don't care a bit  o(:-)

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2010, 03:13:43 PM »
Like the song says- "sometimes you're the windshield, and sometimes you're the bug."
It is nice to sit by your pond and enjoy its beauty when all is well with it. Unfortunately, there's never enough of those days.
Great thread!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"