Author Topic: What can be put with Koi?  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Pike76

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 19/08/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
What can be put with Koi?
« on: August 19, 2010, 07:04:25 PM »
Im new to ponds. I have a small pond that my father had built. Since his passing Ive been doing my best to keep the pond up. Ive got koi and gold fish in it now with a Pleco and pond snails. Afew plants that he already also. Im wanting to know what else can be put in that will survive. Ive read bout crustaceans and clams in ponds. Has anyone else dealt with these? Ive got enough fish. Dad tried red ear sliders and tadpoles but all left over time. Was thinking bout crawfish or crawdads, but heard they might attack smaller fish. ANY input would be awesome. Really wanting to add to my pond, something other than fish.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: What can be put with Koi?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 09:08:41 PM »
Hi and welcome.  What size is your pond and what zone or state do you live in? These are important questions, the pleco if in a cold area will need to be brought inside for the winter. Then returned to his vacation home outside in the warmer months.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"