Author Topic: Tropical blooms  (Read 1328 times)

Offline tugo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
Tropical blooms
« on: August 19, 2010, 02:06:04 PM »
Too much heat and no adequate space, but still the tropicals are blooming one after another in the small kiddie pond.

The white and blue is from seed and the red one is from tuber came with the tag “ Red Flare Night Bloomer”.

Offline maryvonne

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My photo albums
Re: Tropical blooms
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 02:44:39 PM »
Lots of blooms in your small pond! Looks wonderful.

Maryvonne
Maryvonne
Surrey B.C.
Canada

zone 7-8

Offline turtlemike

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 05:15:06 PM »

I like that white one.

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 05:23:35 PM »
They look very happy, pretty blooms.

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline PondmaninAL

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
  • Pond God
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 06:34:52 PM »
Tugo, is that white bloom one of the seeds that I sent you? I'm just wondering since Juno is a hybrid, whether that was what the seeds produced.
Happy ponding,
Scott o(

ALABAMA!! 2010 BCS National Champion!!

[img width= height= alt=Click for Odenville, Alabama Forecast" border="0" height="100" width="150]http://weathersticker.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates/language/www/US/AL/Odenville.gif[/img]

If you think that your question is dumb, imagine how totally stupid you will look if you don't ask it.

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:50:13 PM »
Wow!  So many flowers!  Seeing all your lilies make me miss my kiddie pools.  It seems I had better success with the lilies in them.  I really like the white flower too.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 09:03:18 PM »
Very pretty, I love the white too. Kiddy ponds work for me too.

Offline purplepshn2004

• Members
  • me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:23:31 PM »
Very nice, all of them! 

Offline tugo

• Members
  • With us since: 07/07/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Tugopond
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 01:21:32 AM »
Thanks to all.
I have pity for them when I look at the kiddie pond because they do not have enough space and the leaves climb up to the sides of the pond and getting dry in a few days. Also I have to check every day to see if some new buds are trying to come up because in some parts there are 3-4  layers of leaves on each other that stops the bud to come out and die without opening.
For next season I am planning to place them to the main pond but I am sure that the koi will ruin them so I am preparing some kind of hanging pots to place to along the sides of the pond and just some inches down the water level, for the beginning, to keep the koi away from digging them.

Scott I am not sure of that unfortunately. I started different seeds last winter at home, as had posted before and at the beginning all were neatly labeled and had also made some charts etc etc but during transfering to the outer pond in spring, I received some friends help and I was also not so much careful that all messed up, lost the tags, charts etc etc. I hate this mistake of mine. Now I know so little about which is what. I am only sure on the tubers I received from Thailand some weeks ago but not on the ones I started from seeds.

One thing I learned from this that the tropicals are much more “hardy” than the hardies:)) Ok not such an expert explanation. Because since I had started them too early in winter (December) at home, after some time they grow so rapidly that the light and the heater I used was no more strong enough and as they wait for the heat outside became convenient, the seedlings lost 90% of their leaves and the first month they were placed outside, they had another schock and lost almost all the rest of the leaves but came to a time when they all thrived, start giving up big leaves and blooms one after another. I was not expecting. Next time I have to start tropical seeds some time on April and the timing will be better I believe.
And here is a “cheek to cheek” night bloomers:)) Some romance.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 06:51:41 AM by tugo »

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 05:59:49 AM »
Ahhhhhhhhh, love the last pic.  Red flare is my favorite.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"