Author Topic: Mikey I wanted you to see the  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Kittyzee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Mikey I wanted you to see the
« on: September 15, 2010, 07:21:04 PM »
plants you sent me and the mountings I put them on.  The first one is hanging by the kitchen window and I have a couple of locust shells stuck to the moss that my granddaughter gave me. 

The second one is the cluster of airplants still hooked to the mother plant.  I have them both wired to the wood and I mist them 3 or 4 times a week.  They seem to be doing really well.  I guess that's why mine died before--they really don't just exist on 'air'!   :D 

Oh, and I stuck a shot in of my staghorn fern:  it's doing really well after I took it outside.  I don't know what will happen to it once I have to bring it in... :-\
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Mikey I wanted you to see the
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 07:27:30 PM »
They are doing very good KittyZ. 

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 07:31:16 PM »
 @O@  Looking good

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 07:35:13 PM »
Thanks Esther and Sue!   ;)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 09:33:05 PM »
Very nice!  I should think the staghorn would winter over just fine inside your house as long as it gets light and regular misting.

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 05:11:08 AM »
I sure am gonna try Mikey--the summers here are so humid and my house is soooo dry in the winter since we heat with wood.  I think I'll take it upstairs as far away from the stove and keep it misted.   8)
LuAnn

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 05:56:51 AM »
They all look happy and healthy.  ;D
I love the staghorn fern.............always thought I'd like to try one but afraid it wouldn't make it through winter.  I remember the first one I ever saw was hanging in a dark basement stairway of someone's home.  It was big, it was springtime, and they were waiting for warmer days to take it outside.  Don't they require more light than that?

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 06:56:12 AM »
I would think so...they'll even take a little sun if it's not for long or not too hot.  It likes humidity.  Those brown leaves in the middle are a frond (I forget the name) that are supposed to turn brown like that and the fern uses them to live off of.   :)
LuAnn

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
Mikey sent you some fine specimens!  They look so healthy.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"