Author Topic: PLEASE HELP VERY SICK KIO  (Read 635 times)

Offline loriques

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 23/03/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
PLEASE HELP VERY SICK KIO
« on: March 23, 2011, 10:02:03 AM »
Hello, i went out side yesterday and found my son's favorite black kio down the bank. i have no idea how he would have gotten there..

he was dry and not breathing, i brought him to the pond and gently went in a back and forth in the watter, he started to breath again but he just floated bottem up. 

I brought him inside and put him in the tank , he just swam around and hit the sides. For a while he could hold himself up in the watter, but latter on he just went to the bottom of the tank and laid on his side. he is still breathing and moving his front fins like he wants to get up right but can't.

Is there any hope for this poor little guy?  i put a small amount of kio clay and salt in the watter, and put a towel over the tank.

Thanks for any ideas or anything at all that might save our Night Hawk.. lori

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP VERY SICK KIO
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2011, 04:37:33 PM »
Wow that's really tough.  Sorry about your fish.  It sounds like you did the best for him. 

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: PLEASE HELP VERY SICK KIO
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 09:38:18 AM »
I've had a many of them jump....just leave it alone and provide lots of oxygen....if he can recover he will...
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"