Author Topic: Got some good news Saturday  (Read 1202 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Got some good news Saturday
« on: December 26, 2006, 12:39:55 PM »
A while back I mentioned that the insurance companies were refusing to pay the bills for my father's injuries, and as I understand it, rightfully so because the truck that ran over him was not insured. It was used on the grounds of a Christian kids camp to haul stuff around and to get employees etc from one end of the grounds to the other, not on the road. So the camp's auto insurance, my father's auto insurance, the camp's liability, and Medicare were all refusing to pay because the vehicle was not insured. PANIC!!! Being the state of Michigan has something called "no fault" which applies to the vehicles in the state, the case was sent to Michigan Assigned Claims Plan. They then review the situation, the insurance companies involved, and if the claim is valid, they assign it to another company to pay and then that company collects from the negligent person/company (the camp).

Saturday I received a letter advising us of the assigned company's name and to forward all bills coming from the accident to that company. WHAT A RELIEF!!

But the possible ensuing problem is that the assigned insurance company will go after the camp I guess. They should have had insurance on the truck but the director didn't know it.

So those of you with stored/uninsured vehicles, you'd better call your agent and ask them if your uninsured vehicle causes damage, are you covered. I have State Farm and I was told it wasn't covered for anything but fire if the building it was stored in, burned down.

We have been keeping this all a secret from my dad so as not to give him something more to worry about while he was healing. I was worried that someone might let it slip and my dad would find out the wrong way. So seeing he has been home almost a month now and doing pretty well, I told him the whole story yesterday. "Merry Christmas" huh? But I stressed several times the phrase the camp director said to me when I said I was worried about the end results and what would happen to the camp. He said, "Don't worry about the camp. God will protect His camp as He wills." I told my dad I was going to make up a plaque with that on it and whack him with it every time he starts worrying or blaming himself for all this.

So those of you who have been following this horrendous situation and have been praying, Daddy still is struggling with a few slight mental and physical things, but all in all, doing very well. He will not be allowed to drive for a while, maybe never but Naomi is a good driver so they can still get around OK. He still has several therapists come to the house frequently but has been cooperating very well with them. He does his exercises faithfully and it shows.

Now, you can pray for the camp and the financial situation that may be coming. My dad took the news pretty well but thought he'd better get a job to help the camp pay the bills he caused. I could have smacked him.

They moved from the previous condo with the upstairs bedrooms and bath December 9, to one on all one level and it is soooooo much better for them. She has bad knees too.

I have all of his bills and have spent all day so far recording all them and any additional information on a spread sheet on my computer, calling all the service companies to let them know how to get their bills paid, and faxing copies of the letter from the State of Michigan to them. This all started August 22 so you can imagine that a few of the companies are getting a little "up tight" because their bills haven't been paid yet.

So I am very relieved that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, not just the tunnel.

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: Got some good news Saturday
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2006, 01:18:30 PM »
That is GREAT news! @O@
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2006, 01:36:35 PM »
Wonderful news! Sending prayers for the camp too..

Offline LeeAnne151

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Galleries
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 03:51:33 PM »
Glad to hear this great news
~LeeAnne~

“Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.”

Robert A. Heinlein

Portland, Oregon. USDA Zone 8~Sunset Zone 6

Offline frloplady

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2006, 10:45:36 AM »
Hugs Esther!!!  Keep your faith and the faith of that camp director.  Will pray God works it all out.l

So glad to hear your dad is doing well.  Praying for continued healing.
Mary

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2006, 04:04:12 PM »
Happy for your good news Esther.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"