Author Topic: Pray for me, I am attempting some plumbing!  (Read 1110 times)

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Pray for me, I am attempting some plumbing!
« on: April 29, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
 ;D FINALLY drying out a bit here in Michigan and warm enough to get outside! My Son and I are going to attempt to get some water moving tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Kathy

Offline Pond Boy

• Trade Count: (2)
  • Members
  • With us since: 03/04/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Pray for me, I am attempting some plumbing!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 02:45:35 PM »
Little late arnt cha..LOL J\K! Good luck getting your water moving its always an exciting time.... @O@

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 06:52:38 PM »
YIKES, the water at the cabin was wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy high under the house!! Had to hook up 2 pumps to get the water out. First pump was used last year once!  It was suppose to be life time warranty, NOT!  If I wanted to have the NEW pump looked at I would have to send it mailed in a box to the company, then THEY would look at it, and most likely say it was not their fault. Because the begged off on the warranty I thought why bother paying the postage >:(-   Live and Learn :(  At least we did get the water out  O0
Tootsie

Offline Michiponder

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/10/2010
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2011, 07:44:46 PM »
Good luck Kathy!

Hope you have better luck than I did.  The wheather is finally starting to look up for us in this dreary cold wasteland of mud.  I was able to get most of my ponds at least running at a limp this week and even sorted and culled some fish.  Hope we get some dryer weather so we can get to our ponds without making a mud bog around them.  Are you going to try and build the new stepped waterfall too?

Mikel

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2011, 04:00:14 AM »
Pond Boy >:(- You must be in a warmer zone! LOL!

Mikel, Not attempting the waterfall yet. We may get to some of the retaining wall this weekend, but I may be overshooting what is reasonable. ;D There is levelling that needs to be done of the path around the back side of the pond. Then I thought I would put down 24" patio stones, with the retaining wall brick on top of one edge of them. My thinking is that the weight of the wall will hold those stones securely in place when walked on. It's just my Son and I to do most of the work, so I expect this to take a few weeks till we even get to start the waterfall. For now, I think the water will just come from the felxible hose.
Kathy

Offline perplexed ponder

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 03:53:39 AM »
The boys took over ;D, we have water moving! Flowing through the skimmer and bio filter, and just the hose from the bio filter going into the pond until the waterfall is built, but it's moving!
Kathy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"