Author Topic: New Waterfall!!  (Read 1331 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
New Waterfall!!
« on: June 03, 2011, 10:23:05 AM »
Well since we had to replace the liner, we went ahead and did a "Do Over" on the Waterfall. We now have 2 drops into deeper water, instead of one falling on rocks with a big splash.

We had gotten these Granite 4x4x2in Blocks free last fall, I had always planned on redoing the waterfall with them.
They will also be going arround the Waterfall, hopefully my Husband and I can come to an agreement on what we want!

Still needs some finishing Rockwork! We put a couple of fantail goldfish and a couple of larger goldfish from the larger pond, in the smaller pond. To see if they would stay there and not take a dive over the smaller falls!! The smaller fantails took a few dives and after being fished out of big pond and put back they seem to have gotten the idea of staying put!!  o(

Hopefully we can get more rockwork done this weekend! My husband got a bad Sunburn working on the pond last weekend!!

And my Lily finally bloomed!!
Lori TX

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: New Waterfall!!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2011, 01:47:33 PM »
I like the granite blocks.

I hadn't thought of using plastic baskets for planters...maybe lined with landscape fabric to keep the dirt in.   

Offline Loritx

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2011, 02:28:23 PM »
Those dont even have dirt. Just rocks and plants! ::) Horsestail and Dragonstail they will root and grow in anything!!
Cheap plastic $1 store baskets!  I get the more heavy duty ones for the big pond where the plants are in dirt.
Lori TX

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2011, 02:37:46 PM »
Nice!!  I really like the granite blocks.  Wonder if I can get some ramnants from a granite company a block away from us.  I also have the same baskets for my plants.  Got them from the $ store here in town and use river rocks as well to hold the plants in.   O0

Kuan

Offline perplexed ponder

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 27/03/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2011, 03:07:19 PM »
Lookin' good! O0  Nice clean water too!!! I am so jealous
Kathy

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2011, 04:42:49 PM »
Wow, very nice!  How'd you get free granite anyway?!  O0  I'll bet the sound of the falls is nice right out that sliding door!   8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2011, 07:03:07 PM »
What a wonderful view you have, just the right spot too  o(

Offline Loritx

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2011, 07:35:47 PM »
My sunroom is made from 5 Large sliding glass doors!!!  The pond is on the long side of sunroom, entire length 3 doors. I love to sit out there and open the doors up and hear the water!!
My pond may be small but it has big sound!!! O0
As for the Granite Blocks - it was just being in the right spot at the right time!! And they were FREE!! @O@ I have never seen them in any stores.
Lori TX

Offline tootsie

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Meet Christian, my newest Grandson :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2011, 07:56:34 PM »
What a fun place to be, in the sun room with all those windows looking down at your pond :)  I hope you will take more pictures too! o(
Tootsie

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2011, 09:49:25 AM »
Nice design right outside your patio.  I love your granite blocks too!  I had to pay for cut blocks of for topping my veges garden wall and lily pond wall.  They are Sooooo heavy! 

Sunburns are no fun.  Hope your DH feels better to finish the pond soon!  ;) ;)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"