Author Topic: 13 petal yellow tropical.  (Read 608 times)

Offline magoo

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
13 petal yellow tropical.
« on: June 07, 2011, 10:02:47 AM »
 I have a 13 petal yellow day blooming tropical Lily. I am not sure where it came from. I have bought or traded for several named yellow tropicals. None have prospered in the heat of Louisiana. I thought all died during the first season. After a couple of seasons with no yellow's flowering this one pops up. Dormant tuber sprouting, I guess. It's small and delicate. It does not handle heat well. The leaves tend to rot more than any other lily I've grown. The flowers fade fast. It has survived outside in the summer and winter for at least 5 years. I think it may be N. sulferia. Any opinions will be much appreciated.

Dan

The first photo was May 23.

The next two photos are June 3. After an early but cool for here spring, the heat came on strong.  I started watering the grass and the Highland Road Male Chorus performed vociferously. The leave rotted.

If it's worth doin', it's worth doin' to excess
http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a169/magoo_/

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"