Author Topic: My Prince has come.....  (Read 2306 times)

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
My Prince has come.....
« on: August 17, 2006, 01:22:19 PM »
Just got this about a month ago, and he's blooming.  Has 3 more buds on the way up.  Now I just have to master overwintering him.

Also, my daughter who just turned 9, I saw her laying on the deck looking at the fish.  I told her to stay and let me get the camera.  She's loves to get her pic taken, and of course she had to get Mickey in on the act.  He's such a tolerable cat.  She wanted to have a Hawaiian theme party.

My hyacinth's have went wild this year.  I've never had them get so tall.  They're in a 100 stock tank.  They are actually growing over the tank.  Every so often, we find the water coming over the back side of the tank and have to take some out and just throw into the ponds.

Kimberly

Black Prince
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 09:27:27 AM by Ky Kim »

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: My Prince has come.....
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 01:46:47 PM »
Your daughter is adorable!!! Little girls are supposed to dress up their cats. :)
I love your 'prince'. Very pretty. I hope you're able to overwinter it. I have never tried because I really have no good space to do so. Good luck with yours.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 01:55:24 PM »
Kim she looks like you.. she's a very pretty girl!

I knew that you'd like Black Prince, it's a nice one and good luck with overwintering it.  You heat the greenhouse, correct?

Offline thedahlialama

• Trade Count: (12)
  • Members
  • just grow it
    • View Profile
    • my photobucket site
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 03:07:10 PM »
cute daughter! nice lily! but those hyacinth - WOW!! i've never seen any so big. mine are also doing better than ever before with steady blooms for the last 2 weeks, but the size of those is spectacular!

so is your daughter going to grow into an extra tall speciman as well?  ;)
Our Pond & Watergardens
paradise should be at home

ed

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 04:44:31 PM »
Yes, Bonnie I do heat the greenhouse and your right I love Black Prince.  Funny about my daughter you saying she looks like me, I have a friend that says I didn't give birth to her, I cloned her..lol

And....thedahlialama, yes they are huge I took some more pics of them with a yard stick next to them.  I do hope she does grow into a tall speciman, hope she don't take after me.  Only 5' 3"  her dad is 6'3".

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 05:03:41 PM »
Kim,
  I'm 5' 2" hubby is 6' 7" our daughter is 5' 8" (son is 6' 1/2"). Thought you might find this interesting. :)
Cath
zone 5b

Offline mcp

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 07:43:57 PM »
Kim Your Daughter is beautiful. Love the picture of her and cat. Thanks for posting. O0 Can't forget the Lilly and hycinths they are gorgeous too.
McKean County Pa. zone 5

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2006, 08:01:45 AM »
Great shots!  That cat looks a lot like our BillyReno . . . he's just as patient with the kids too!

Offline barb

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Connecticut
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2006, 10:35:18 AM »
Your daughter is very pretty.  And those hyacinth are enormous!!   :o

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"