Author Topic: Cleaned two ponds today  (Read 778 times)

Offline Zoe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Cleaned two ponds today
« on: November 19, 2011, 08:36:17 PM »
It was in the 80s today so i went out there and cleaned both ponds. Even using the muck vac it took about 6 hours. Trimmed all lilies back and hopefully this was it for the winter.  The leaves are falling so I bet I end up using the vac at least one more time.  Both ponds are netted but somehow the leaves find their way in the ponds.  I am just hoping the fish fair well and I can avoid any problems in the spring when the pond begins to go crazy again. 

Happy Thanksgiving!
Cindy

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaned two ponds today
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 06:46:26 PM »
I don't seem to ever have much muck in the pond bottom, but I do have tons of pine needles falling into the water, stabbing lily leaves, and staining the water.  No net is going to keep them out.   :( 

From the 80*s to the 30*s ... my fish arent' even swimming around much these last days.  About to shut the pump off, to keep cold water from being circulated down to the bottom.

Offline Zoe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Cleaned two ponds today
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 05:23:11 AM »
I have both ponds netted year round  because of the owls and hawks.   No pine needles but those tiny leaves.  Julles I have a net that is 10 by 12 called the ultra pond netting.  If you are ever this way I would love to give it to you.  We got it for the daycare pond I take care of when the willow tree was there dropping leaves into the pond.  The tree is gone so the net is just laying around.  It is a tight weave and a nice net.

Cindy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"