Author Topic: Cloudy Water - Naughty Fish!!  (Read 824 times)

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Cloudy Water - Naughty Fish!!
« on: February 02, 2012, 06:22:46 PM »
This past summer I divided my pond into a section for koi and a section for lilies, and seperated
the two with a plastic mesh fence.  Works great.  The koi have plenty of room to swim and play, and my lilies are nice and lush, with just a few fat fantails swimming lazily about them.

But Tuesday I came outside to see the water in the lily section a muddy mess.  Amid the cloudy water, I could see a flash of orange.  One of the large koi had gotten accross the barricade and into the lily section, and spent the day tearing up the plants and digging in the dirt, tossing it everywhere and clouding the water.  I was able to net him fairly easily, and put him back in the koi end.

Yesterday I went outside, and the entire pond was totaly grey - could not see one blasted thing in it.  I could just barely make out the form of a large koi (probably the same one) in the lily section.  The water was too cloudy to see it, so no way was I going to be able to catch it.  I had to get into the cold water, remove the lilies an the milk crates they sit on, and stab around in the water with the net, hoping to stumble upon the fish.

Eventually I caught him.  But then I saw another flash of orange.  And another.  THREE large koi had gotten across and into the lily section, and the rascals had had a grand old time emptying my lily pots, and had stripped almost all the lilies - including my night bloomer which was sending up a bud.   {nono} 

It took about half an hour to catch all the fish (never did find the small koi who also got into the lily section).  24 hours later, the water was still murky.  After another day, it's better, but still not entirely clear like it was pre-break in.

Offline Zoe

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 21/04/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudy Water - Naughty Fish!!
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2012, 05:08:51 AM »
Oh Julles after all your hard work.  i bet they have been planning this break in for awhile  o(.

Cindy

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »
But they had so much fun!!

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 05:23:28 PM »
Your koi are not bored are they!  ;D

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"