Author Topic: Planting Lotus!  (Read 2899 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Planting Lotus!
« on: March 24, 2007, 08:23:41 AM »
Well this is a whole new world for me. Thanks to Tinkster I have now been introduced to the world of Lotus  O0 Joyce has been very kind and shared her knowledge and tinkster sent me a link with advice from Joyce and Lawanna

http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=143.0

http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=142.0

I also found this ( I was very surprised at how little there is out there on Planting lotusus properly) What would you add (or subtract) from this advice.... I found this at Bonnies plants http://www.bonniesplants.com/lotus/dividing_tubers/planting_lotus_tubers.htm

***Body removed at Bonnie Hales request **** 

Great info none the less
« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 05:17:31 PM by El Jefe »
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Planting Lotus!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 01:04:39 PM »
Isn't it great how we help each other! O0

Don't take this wrong but did you get Bonnie Hale's Permission to post ? {:-P;;
I'm asking because I know she doesn't like when her pix, etc are posted without permission... just don't want to cause any hard feelings. :-\

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 02:00:39 PM »
Bonnie, you know what I did not and I know better, I did e-mail her and ask permission to use it after the fact. If she wants me to pull the thread I will do so. I really hope she doesn't mind. :-\
Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 04:02:50 PM »
I doubt that Bonnie will mind.. she once was a member of the watergardening forum.

I think the only time that she would refuse is if it was for retail purposes.

Thanks for not taking my post the wrong way....  :)

Offline Bonnie

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 04:04:26 PM »
Hey.. I just read
***Removed at bonnie hales request **** 

She did mind you posting it? :(

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2007, 05:45:35 PM »
Bonnie, how could I take what you wrote the wong way? I know to ask before I post and you were right to point it out. It is some good info and when combined with Joyce's info and Lawanna's, made for a diverse bit of info. I know it helped me to identify what I needed to know. Too bad she did not want it posted. Understandable and her choice. The information is there for all to see on her site if needs be. Anyway good call. Thanks andy

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 06:24:30 PM »
Wow..I am surprised at Bonnie. :o  :-\
I thought it would promote her business to have a link to her potting methods here.
I have bought lotus from her in the past.
At least with me, she has been a very generous person.

Anyway, glad I could be on some help Andy. :)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline El Jefe

• Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2007, 09:00:35 AM »
I thought as much myself. I guess she did not want the added promo. I even provided a link to this site so she could see for herself. Believe me as a webmaster I know that you have to zealously guard your content/ intellectual property. A little disappointed but you and Lawanna have done a great job in explaining it all so we all still benefit.
Andy

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"