Author Topic: I want to thank Pond Megastore  (Read 1258 times)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I want to thank Pond Megastore
« on: May 03, 2012, 12:13:29 PM »
They sent me a replacement lily, Queen of Siam from an order that was mixed up several years ago. I want to thank Zac it is a beautiful lily. They have made me a very happy lady. Thank You Pond Megastore.

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: I want to thank Pond Megastore
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2012, 05:06:06 PM »
 @O@  Yeah Zac.   {:-P;;  Now if they'd only get some of Tmike's lilies on the market   8)

Offline turtlemike

• Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2012, 03:28:57 PM »

They will.

Lilypons should be selling Sunfire next year and probably one other one as yet to be determined. Details are being worked out.

You can buy all of the no name hardies that you can stand from me right now. I need to make room and I have lots of unique and beautifull varieties that will never be named probably unless they catch on and people demand it. Clyde Ikins was suposed to be a throw away lily of Kirk Strawn's and I consider it to be one of the finest hardies there is by my standards. They are various contenders for naming that are second grade lilies that are just to pretty to kill.  They are however top quality plants and different or better than similar plants on the market, it's just that you can't name everything and something has to give somewhere. Many are on display at the IWC in Texas and I don't send Ken shabby plants to put on display with my name attached so you know that they are pretty darn good. They are plants that have made it through at least 2 stages of evaluation and are not run of the mill plants but ones that were contenders for naming but I believed that I had better ones to name or I could improve on that type in the future. Runners up. Silver and bronze medal winners.

Some time soon I will post some pix on the sales forum when I have time and you can see if there are any that you are interested in

Mike..

I could describe them but a picture is worth a thousand words as they say.  Here are a few from one small pond.

Offline Holldoll

• Members
  • With us since: 11/09/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2012, 03:52:02 PM »
Gorgeous as always Mike!!

Offline SueSTx

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2012, 04:05:25 PM »
Mike, I've seen your lilies at San Angelo...they were all beautiful.   o(:-)

I'm saving a 'corner' of my pond for a Fairy Skirts...I love it.

Offline Vickie

• Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2012, 06:49:38 PM »
oh  goody hope to buy one

Offline Julles

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 06/06/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2012, 11:19:37 AM »
What is that one in the last photo, Mike?  How are they sold - bare root?  other?  How much?

Offline turtlemike

• Members
  • With us since: 18/11/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2012, 01:28:06 PM »

I like that last one too Julles. It is a substantial flower with strong stems. Light pastelly colored and the plant is a very well behaved slow runner and compact.

Rich Sacher has been buying these second grade lilies for 20 $ a piece wholesale but he is being very generous. He wouldn't say so but that is a good price for wholesale no name waterlilies I think. On the other hand they are very fine waterlilies as good as any on the market for their type and they are unique and nobody else in the world has them so maybe the uniqueness and rarity makes them more valuable. You definitly won't find them anywhere else so if you see any that you like now's your chance. Don't wait too long because they will start to be fed to the horses this summer to make room for more blue hardies etc.

I'll start a thread on the trading forum soon and post pics of various varieties that I can part with without loseing much sleep of regreting too bad. I hate to get rid of any but eventually I have to.

The first two are the same plant, same flower. They can be yours if you want.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"