Author Topic: wohooo.. lowes having great sales again....  (Read 1256 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
wohooo.. lowes having great sales again....
« on: February 03, 2007, 07:07:16 PM »
This is the time last year when I was finding great deals on ponding/pots etc at lowes.. hadnt ran into anything this year and was beginning to think I wasnt gonna find them.  Today I went to 3 different lowes and all of them had some great stuff greatly reduced.

I found a ton of the big packages of tomatoe and rose stakes.  The ones I used last year were the tiny ones by jobes which did really great on my lillies.  This was a brand by pennington and are bigger stakes, 50 to a bag, marked down from 5.88 to 1.19, two of the 3 stores had 75% off that.  Hope these are as good as the jobes.

I also got two HUGE HUGE planters in the fiberglass with big ferms embossed on them.  They were marked down to 2.00. 

They also had some great deals on fountains, pumps, all kind of ponding.

Tinkster

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: wohooo.. lowes having great sales again....
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 08:38:18 PM »
Lucky you. Around here, the thought of any outside stuff other than coping with cole, snow and ice, is long gone. I don't remember ever seeing deals like you are talking about.

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 08:55:14 PM »
lol Esther.  I guess I am what you call a professional shopper :)  I frequent all the stores almost daily when I know its time to mark things down.  They dont usually last very long so its mostly timing.  I been watching for a few weeks now as this is the time last year they marked alot down.  Alot of times they will have the sale tags on them and it wont be that much of a discount but when you actually check out the savings are much better.  Guess to it depends on the area and how much stuff they have left.   I have my eye now on these huge frog splitters that are sitting on a huge lilly leaf.. they are adorable and mine has tons left.. they have them down now almost half price.  If they dont go down more as they get toward the end of supply I will have to give in on the higher price ...

I know what ya mean about the cold. .I am freezing to death.. just got back from GA and it was even cold there!

Tinkster

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 04:54:38 PM »
Hi Tinkster, I'm not sure where you are but we don't have a lowes and I have to agree with Ester, I went to Wal mart and they are just starting to get in a few spring things. Also we have a brand new Home depot only been open 2 weeks now and they had even less. I like the sounds of the spitter your talking about. Hope I can find one at Depot soon?
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2007, 01:25:59 PM »
I could use a couple of those planters and $2 sounds like a good price to me . . . might just have to check out the lowes here tomorrow . . . .

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 07:44:06 PM »
I am not so sure they were sucha  good deal now.  Now that I have them home and looked both of them have small cracks right down at the very bottom of the planters.  guess I cant ever use them for water garden.  Just hope they break any further.

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 07:46:34 PM »
I think that you should forget about the pond stuff for now and go ice fishing.  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline tinkster

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 07:58:59 PM »
lol steve.. I could do that right now in my very own pond.. unfortunatley I have about 2 inches of ice now covered with 8 inches of snow!  funny you said that, I orignally built the big pond cause I have a duaghter in a wheel chair who love to "pretend" fishing.. doesnt really want to catch anything, but we could not get her into any lake, rivers here to fish anymore so I built that one with a big doc for her and she just sits there with her pole and no hook and feeds/catches the fish :)

tinkster

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 08:10:07 PM »
Hi tinkster, that sounds so cool. Would love to see a pic of her fishing!
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"