Author Topic: Had it with this lotus.......marie... its a fluke :)  (Read 1023 times)

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Had it with this lotus.......marie... its a fluke :)
« on: June 26, 2012, 08:34:42 PM »
have had it 4 years and cannot make it bloom. Its had the pick of all spots, more attention, anything I can think of.  My others bloom like mad.  Its become a mission just to get to see what it looks like before I throw it away for lack of blooms.. if it dont  bloom this year and all my others have already started, will be taking volunteers to send it to next year in hopes that I can see what its bloom looks like.

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Had it with this lotus.......marie... its a fluke :)
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 10:17:50 AM »
Tink which one is it? Oh by the way we miss you in Chat?

Offline Marie Fisher

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 10:10:49 PM »
Tink, are you fertilizing this stubborn lotus? I have no idea why not blooming. Is pot too overcrowded?
Have you divided it? If pot really ful of tubers, won't bloom.  next spring, divide it, repot one runner with
couple of growing tips, then put in good position, keep plentyof water over it, fertilize every couple of
weeks. Then you have a marvel if it don't bloom!!!  I'm sorry is stubborn for you.

Like Vickie said, come back to chat room, we miss you.

Marie

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 05:31:06 AM »
I had lueta do that to me. I got mad gave it to neighbor and it bloomed. Go figure!

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 01:24:04 PM »
hey there... I believe it is the one you called chinese bowl lotus that was really small and dark pink.  I am so wanting to see it bloom.. .I will take pictures of it when I can... its super healthy, green, I devided one year, didnt the next, heavy fertilized, done everything like I do for all the others,, It just dont wanna bloom.  It is smaller than my baby doll on leaf size but healthy as it can be.

I  keep coming into chat but I am to late to catch yall.  I dont ever seem to get home and get everything done and sit down here till after midnight but I will make it soon I hope!

miss yall on chat to.

tink

Offline Marie Fisher

• Trade Count: (10)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 08:49:28 PM »
Sounds like that's a dwarf Chinese. Mine blooms good, every year. Unless it is one of things I said in
prior post I have no idea because I do know it's good bloomer for  me. There is reason it's not blooming,
once we decide what that is, it will bloom.

Marie

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"