Author Topic: Giant Beetle!  (Read 2071 times)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Giant Beetle!
« on: February 26, 2007, 01:09:22 PM »
Ok guys, I just went out and was going to take the leaves out of the skimmer and found this big old thing about the size of my thumb!   :o   I grabbed two rocks and lifted it out and it jumped in the pond and quickly swam down and buried  it's self in between some rocks. It was dark brown and a dark redish color. Any of you know what kind it might be? or if It's ok for him/her to be in there?  It looks big enough to eat on the babies.  :-\ 
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 01:30:03 PM by happyoutsidegirl »
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Giant Beetle!
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:28:45 PM »
Ok Sean It did it again??? Why is that padlock and red X there?
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 01:51:57 PM »
Hi Debbie,

I do not see what you see but do me a favor, the next time it happens, there is a button on your keyboard called "Print Screen" It is at the top part of the keyboard and just off to the left of the numeric key pad. When this happens to you again, hit the Print Screen button then go into a program like Irfanview or Microsoft word or any other program that can display graphics and either left click and paste or go to edit paste. It will display a screen shot of what you see. Save it as a file and send it to me via email.

I would also like to know what browser you are using? Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox or other?

I believe it is a conflict with the browser some people are using because I have only heard from three people who are experiencing this.

Also something that might be the cause is the spell checker, try unticking the spell check before you add a smiley. I am attaching a pic of what it looks like, just untick the check box and see if that makes a difference.

Cheers,
Sean

Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 02:04:45 PM »
 Hi, On the main list of subjects in the box to the far right at the end of my thread there shows a redX and the closed padlock. I use Internet Explorer. Now today for some reason? I have been able to add the smillies? I see that I'm not alone on that issue, but don't under stand quite what you mean to do? I'm not the best at understanding how to's on the pc.  Ok I lied. I just tried to insert one after I copied what I had and everything disapeared. So I just turned of the spell check and I will copy and try again.  Nope that didn't work. I know I did not check the lock box when I posted my thred and it seems to realy not be locked as we both posted in it. But I think your telling me I'm the only one who sees it. OMG! Is it happening to me already????I'm only 55!!!!!!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 04:36:47 PM »
Do you mean on the page before the one where your post is?  On the right I see like a piece of paper with an arrow on all the thread titles. Or do you mean a padlock like what is on the stickied mission statement that is there.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 04:45:18 PM »
Ya where ya read all the subjects or threads, and to the far right and yes a padlok like that in the same box only my beetel thread. :o :search: :cry:
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 05:35:41 PM »
Nope {:-P;;         HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. It just deleted the words, NOTHING THERE that followed the word NOPE and stuck the smiley there and then left a big gap.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 06:02:47 PM »
Ok I quit. and evadently no one has see a bettel the size of there thumb in there pond.
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 06:13:34 PM »
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 06:16:43 PM »
Yes, the first one. thanks Joyce!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 07:48:59 PM »
Debbie I can help you with your issue if you and I are online at the same time.... I know what you are talking about where the smilies are concerned but not the lock thing. You might try to clear your cache/temp internet files and see if that corrects your issue... Andy
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 08:07:06 PM »
Thanks Andy. I shut off the auto spell check like sugjested and the smillies seem to be working ok. I dumped everything  using disk clean up and do that about once a week. I printed out the subject page and sure enough buy both of my threads I started to the far right just past the date and time are the Red X and closed padlock. Now I'm going to scan that page to my hard drive and see if I can email it to Sean or someone? I guess I shouldn't worry about it as it doesen't seem to be bothering anything but me? :woot:
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Timgod

• Trade Count: (21)
  • Members
  • Houston, Texas Zone 9
  • With us since: 13/09/2006
    • View Profile
    • Timgods Graphics
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 08:38:54 PM »
I had the same problem last night when I tried to use a smiley. Each time I clicked one it would delete all but the first word.
Tim
On a quest for the elusive lilies...

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 04:23:58 AM »
I sure now it's the cow, Turned her off like Joyce said, and they are working. @O@ Still pussled about the red X and padlock tho! :o
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 06:25:39 AM »
I had a similiar situation here.. for about two weeks.  I couldnd even see to post.. everwhere there was a button/icon I had the red x.  in the forum where it says new topic, read, reply etc was all red x's for me.  Dont know what fixed it but one day it was just back to normal.  HOpe you figure it out soon, its annoying when something doesnt work, especially if your the only one its not working for .. :)

tinkster

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Members
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 10:26:06 AM »
I have removed the spell checker, here is a link to the topic

http://www.americanponders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1695.0
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 03:06:06 PM »
I had a similiar situation here.. for about two weeks.  I couldnd even see to post.. everwhere there was a button/icon I had the red x.  in the forum where it says new topic, read, reply etc was all red x's for me.  Dont know what fixed it but one day it was just back to normal.  HOpe you figure it out soon, its annoying when something doesnt work, especially if your the only one its not working for .. :)

tinkster

Oh Bless You Tink. I'm not insain, and I do have RedXes! did you have the closed padlock too?  @O@
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"