Author Topic: Ate four ghost pepper wings last night  (Read 1484 times)

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Ate four ghost pepper wings last night
« on: July 02, 2012, 03:13:51 PM »
My stepson is home on leave from the Army for two weeks.  I took him to a local sports bar for wings last night; they have 40 different wing sauces.

I like hot/spicy foods.

I've been thinking about trying their ghost pepper wings, so I ordered 5 (boneless, like large chicken McNugget).  Also ordered 5 of another (less spicy) wings.

Ghost peppers until recently were the world's hottest peppers.  They are about four times hotter than habanero peppers, about 200 times hotter than jalapeno peppers.  In Indian they smear ghost peppers on the fenceposts around their crops to keep the elephants away.

I had to sign an affadavit stating I would not hold the bar responsible by eating the ghost pepper wings.

I ate three of the less spicy wings first.  Then I ate one ghost pepper wing.  Wasn't hot right away but then - holy crap!!!!!!!!!.  My lower eyelids were sweating even.

:blowup:

I decided to eat three more ghost pepper wings one right after another since I figured I was hurting already.  Not the brightest thing I ever did . . .

I drank the rest of my diet Pepsi and chewed up all of the ice.  Really didn't help.  Couldn't really see straight.  I had one ghost pepper wing left, but for some reason I couldn't convince my stepson to eat it - LOL!!    After about 15 minutes the burn in my mouth was sort of tolerable.

I forgot to take a pre-emptive swig of Pepto-Bismol before I starting eating.  Took two swigs when I got home.  No heartburn, but I felt the burn in the pit of my stomach.  Not heartburn, just like a small campfire built at the bottom of my stomach.

An hour after eating them my lips were still numb!

My stomach finally stopped burning after three hours.   

Felt like the acid that burned through the hull in the original Alien movie they dissected the creature that had attached itself to the astronaut's helmet.

I finally felt OK around noon today, about 18 hours later!

Never again, but worth the experience!!   {nono}
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Ate four ghost pepper wings last night
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 03:28:39 PM »
Don't know whether to say you are brave or dumb. LOL I don't appreciate spicey stuff so do not understand anyone wanting to suffer like that. But if you feel it was worth the experience, than more power to ya. LOL

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2012, 04:33:45 PM »
I really enjoy hot, spicey food too Reedman, but I gotta hand it to ya, I wouldn't have tried those wings. Hot and spicey is one thing, but searing heat is another.  Plus I wouldn't want to have to 'relive' it the next day, if you know what I mean.... :redface: :teehee:
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2012, 06:37:01 PM »
Yep, LuAnn, that's exactly what I was thinking about...........he didn't mention the next morning.  :redface: :redface: :redface:

Offline Reedman

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2012, 08:03:25 PM »
Actually wasn't too bad this morning. 

But, I pretty sure it burnt off some tastebuds.  Even bottled water tasted different.  The tastebuds will grow back though.
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 07:13:10 AM »
 :o Goodness!!   :o
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2012, 02:52:12 PM »
Very funny account of your experience even though I'm sure you weren't laughing at the time.  I've learned to eat fiery hot peppers in recent years and although I suffer the heat I crave it now.  I find that if I coat my stomach with milk before during and after eating spicy hot food I do not have problems, especially the next day's revenge.

Offline tweetybaby2005

• Trade Count: (15)
  • Members
  • Proud mom to a child with Autism
  • With us since: 21/05/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • http://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gifhttp://banners.wunderground.com/weathersticker/miniStates_both/language/www/US/KS/Wichita.gif
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2012, 06:19:06 AM »
Holy moly, you are one brave man!   O0  I can eat hot and spicy food, this is actually well known in my office because someone actually challenged me and he lost.   {:-P;;  I'm not sure I'm brave enough to eat FOUR ghost pepper wings so hats off to ya!  Glad the wings didn't burn a hole through your stomach.

Kuan

Offline Reedman

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2012, 06:37:28 PM »
Milk helps cool your mouth too.  The casein enzyme breaks up the capsaicin (what makes peppers hot) in the peppers.

Reedman

Offline HOWELL

• Members
  • With us since: 15/06/2008
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2012, 02:15:59 PM »
I do not like spicy food... :) I enjoys my sweets a whole lot more...
Scott I'll miss you buddy... :(

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"