Author Topic: Isaac  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Vickie

• Trade Count: (8)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Isaac
« on: September 01, 2012, 10:20:20 AM »
So far we have got 5 inches and counting of much needed rain here is Missouri. My ponds are overflowing. I hope I do not loose fish to nitrogen levels, or fish floating out.

Offline Pam

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Baby Doll lotus
  • With us since: 15/11/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Isaac
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2012, 12:55:32 PM »
I've bucketed out water before to prevent the fish floating out. Stay safe! I hope the fish are good too!
Pam

Offline Reedman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2012, 04:37:10 PM »
Hope you all in the midwest ride out the remnants of Isaac.

Either too little rain or too much rain . . .
Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:33:01 AM »
Just now (Sunday morning) getting some much needed rain.  I just checked the gauge 1 1/4 inch.
Keep it coming.  @O@

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 10:27:44 AM »
I know, same here Karen.  It poured about 3:30 am when I got up to well, you know.  {:-P;; Then again around 6:00 is was raining good.  We got about 6/10 of an inch.  Beats nothing I guess.  Our crops are done anyway, rain or no rain.  But it will help the flower beds and grass some.  I wonder about our wells.  We are supposedly sitting on top of a huge underground aquifer--let's hope so.   8)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline Lynne22

• Members
  • I love Green Anoles!
  • With us since: 25/06/2009
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2012, 05:54:55 PM »
I got slammed here, about 13", in 24 hours- trashed the small inground pond, which I don't have the money to fix. The whole liner has to be replaced. Worked on it a bit today, but it's not going to last much longer. My whole patio was under 4" of water over the top of the pond, and no where for it to go, since the back yard was already a lake. Another hour of rain, and I would have had water in the house. A week later and the ground is still saturated. Here is a picture of my parking lot. I didn't move my car for 3 days-couldn't get past the lake at the end of the street. This pic, from my security camera is the day after it stopped.

Offline Reedman

• Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2012, 08:29:32 PM »
We got some of the remnants of Isaac even way up here in southcentral PA - about 1" rain earlier today.

Reedman

1300 gallon pond - midnight & regular shubunkins/sarassa comets/white comets/rosy red minnows.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"