Author Topic: So you ladies  (Read 1059 times)

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
So you ladies
« on: February 14, 2007, 04:53:39 PM »
think your DH is romantic, wait until I tell you what my DH did for a Valentine's Day treat. Seeing DH didn't have to work, we had spent most of the day running errands. When we got home, he hooked up the faucets and drain and put the sink in place in the bathroom we started redoing mid November. While he was doing that, I was grouting at the edge of the tiles at the wall in the bathroom. Then I put two coats of grout sealer on the floor and damp mopped the surface of the tiles.  At this point he had found a nice DIY program to watch in the den so I joined him. The next thing I knew I was waking up and DH was going to the kitchen and it was dark out. So eventually when I didn't hear him moving around, I went to see where he was and the car was gone. I thought he was getting me a card. Was I surprised to see him come home with a meal from Wendy's. He said he had done it so I didn't have to cook. LOL. I actually think he did it so he would get something for supper.

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: So you ladies
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 05:00:12 PM »
That is sweet Esther. DH and I are on diets so we vowed no chocolates this year. Mom gave me a beautiful stuffed gorilla holding a heart. She tries to remember her grown kids.

Offline Esther

• Members
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 05:24:47 PM »
Oh no, your mom puts me to shame. I didn't do anything for the kids. Wonder if there's time to send the three with computers an electronic wish. I KNOW WHAT I'll do for Cindi. She's a member here.

Offline Teresa

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • Atlanta - zone 7b
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 06:03:22 PM »
Well, you guys are just something!  DH didn't give me a card this year, but I'm still happy from the card he gave me last year, so it's ok.  He usually sends me flowers on my birthday and not on Valentine's day, but I didn't get them on either this year . . . wondered for a minute why not, but just for a minute.  He's been so busy at work for over a month now, I know he didn't have time to think about it. 

Usually, I'm the one who forgets these things.  So this year I went out and bought him a nice card (not as mushy as the one he got me last year . . . . checked it because it's still in my purse), but nice.  Got the girls some chocolate bars and what they needed to give their friends at school valentines - but oldest DD was sick today so she'll have to give hers out tomorrow.

But DH did cook dinner for me and did make me a nice glass of wine (with cassis) and has been waiting on me.  Can't complain.

Mom didn't give me anything for Valentines, but she did give me some $$ for new rosewood knitting needles and a book for my birthday and then called me and said it wasn't enough.  She said she really appreciates all I've done to take care of Dad's estate and her finances and she wants to buy me an entire set of rosewood needles . . . this is good because I just broke one of my new and very expensive rosewood circulars . . . .

All in all, a really happy day here - even with a sick kid.

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 06:15:47 PM »
Good Teresa. It sounds like most  {:-P;; everybody in your family has their heart in the right place. So you did good.  I'm glad your mom is acknowledging your work for your dad's estate. It's not that it is so hard but it can be a royal pain to have to take care of that stuff. And it's nice she realizes it. Now if your siblings would just wake up and smell the coffee. ;)

Offline Cindi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2007, 06:12:54 AM »
Esther, that's pretty good for Dad!!  I'm proud of him.  I came home to a dozen rainbow roses!!  They are beautiful!!  I made Rick a nice roast beef dinner.  We had a nice evening!! 
Cindi
Cedar Springs, MI , Zone 5

Offline Esther

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2007, 11:06:29 AM »
Cool Cindi. That man of yours is learning.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"