Author Topic: Turtle eggs and me  (Read 519 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Turtle eggs and me
« on: September 01, 2013, 07:55:55 AM »
I dug up the turtle eggs that were buried under a young citrus tree. I had nentioned in an earlier post how I discoverd then while trying to pot the young tree.  I miracle in itself that id stumble upom those eggs that way.  I now placed them in a styrofoam container in vermiculite as on line verts suggested. Pointy end up BUT it was impossible to be sure which was the pointy end.  One egg felt soft, the others all seemed firm. I have 7 eggs. There were 2 broken eggs a few weeks ago with 2 premature babies. I did what I could but they did not last overnight.  We had 9 eggs alltogether. Mike is that about typical?
They are in a sunny warm upstairs room with pleanty of moisture. The "book" said 80 would be an ideal temp. We are close!
_______________________________________________________________________________________________ O0
Now about ME!
I am now NORMAL! The Stenosis surgery that i had given up on, apparantly did work!   It took a tear and a few weeks.  I was told 12 weeks before the sold me on the surgery.  Then "maybe 6 months?"  then "well some take a year!"  looks like i took a year. No compliant!  I am grateful to be as i was. The Pacemaker too has become smooth, for want of a better word.
[b] I can do anything![/b][/i]  No I am not playing basketball again, but just might shoot a few hoops!  "Horse" anyone?
edited:

I do get tired, that is a concern, but I think that 85 yr olds just do, comes with the territory.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:57:01 AM by Jerry »
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"