Author Topic: Bloom at the end of summer  (Read 695 times)

Offline redberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Bloom at the end of summer
« on: September 14, 2013, 07:37:07 PM »
In my neck of the woods in the NW, today was probably the last day near 80F.  We had had a relatively warm summer for us and I had expected a bit more action from my hardy lilies.  Some I had divided and a couple I should have divided in the spring so maybe that slowed them down.   Just when I had thought I'd never see a Lemon Chiffon bloom, one appeared.  My tropical lilies (Rhonda Kay, Blue Star, and Pamela) managed to keep putting out a constant stream of blooms, however.   Just thought I'd share some photos: Perry's Baby Red, Little Sue with Blue Star tropical, Rhonda Kay opening up, and finally Lemon Chiffon.

Offline Kittyzee

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Bloom at the end of summer
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 06:44:55 AM »
They are all beautiful, but I especially love pic #2, such color and variety!  o(:-)
LuAnn

There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here:  to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good.  ~  Brian Andreas 

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline matherfish

• Trade Count: (75)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 01:21:52 PM »
Looks great! Beautiful pics, especially Lemon Chiffon.

Offline redberry

• Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2013, 06:39:52 PM »
Thanks.  I was having a difficult time getting the Lemon Chiffon to look yellow and not white and a similar problem with the blue/purple flowers.  I remembered  "turtlemike" had posted a suggestion to  "SueTx" about "spot focusing" to get better color so I finally spent some time reading the camera's manual to see if I find a similar solution for my camera.  I think photo #2 is a bit of an accidental photo when I was playing with various settings so the background is a bit dark but I thought it looked kind of neat.

redberry

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"