Author Topic: A year later: Miami Rose  (Read 727 times)

Offline redberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
A year later: Miami Rose
« on: July 08, 2014, 06:55:28 PM »
Last year, I ordered Miami Rose from Kat.  I wanted to see if I could get a tropical to bloom other than the blues which seem to like cooler climates.  Last year, the growth was a little slow so I didn't get any blooms.  This year, though, once Miami Rose started growing, it grew quickly.  Around July 1st, I was happy to see a bud but I was about to go out of town.  So I lowered the pot in the tank into cooler water to slow down the bud.  (However, as insurance, I instructed my plant caretaker to take a photo if there was a bloom!)  Yesterday I returned and saw the bud was above water.  Today the bud opened.   @O@  The flower is small but it is so nice to see a pink/red tropical.  I don't see any other buds yet but we have more warm weather in the forecast. 

redberry

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: A year later: Miami Rose
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2014, 03:20:45 PM »
Pretty!  Congrats!  My Miami Rose from Kat a few years ago was a crazy bloomer....make sure to fed it regularly to get more big blooms.  Unfortunately my pond is now shaded most of the day so no more lilies, except non-blooming ones.

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 04:10:14 PM »
Glad to see it finally blooming for you.  It tubers a lot, makes lots of multiple crowns, & is definitely a heavy feeder to get lots of blooms. 
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline redberry

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 25/04/2013
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 06:16:04 PM »
Thanks for the advice.  I fertilized it again today along with all of my other tropical lilies.  Some very warm weather is on the way so I'll need to keep an eye on the water levels in the tanks.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"