Author Topic: Cold Rain?  (Read 773 times)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Cold Rain?
« on: July 31, 2014, 03:19:12 PM »
I had a fish die this morning! I think it was from our strange North Texas Weather! We had some cold rain early this morning and I think it died from sudden water temp change?? Pond was about 90' before the rain. So far all the other fish are swimming. o(
This is my fear of the summer thunderstorms too!
Lori TX

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Cold Rain?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2014, 06:37:35 PM »
Did you get any hail?

We got about 3" of rain in about 2 hours, so I know what you mean about the strange weather.  Sorry about your fish.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline Loritx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 07/04/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2014, 06:34:00 AM »
Not sure if there was hail in that storm. My lily's don't show any damage. My pond is small so when we do get a heavy rain, I get a complete water change from some storms! This Summer weather has just been crazy! Even my Lily's are confused - I think I have had like 3 flowers this year! Probably part my fault, need to repot them!!

Kat, I live just south of Lake "L". So our weather is about the same!
Lori TX

Offline Kat

• Trade Count: (176)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2014, 07:42:51 AM »
I could see a huge water volume & temp change causing it.  With my above ground ponds I don't think of that happening.  Did leave them get low levels but wasn't expecting 3" of rain with this latest storm.  Grateful for this much cooler summer compared to a couple of years ago as that one was so dang hot!

Repotting your lilies would help them a lot or even give them a fertilizer boost.
Kat

There is never enough room for all of the water lilies that I want ;-)

Offline SueSTx

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2014, 09:23:14 AM »
This has been one of the loveliest summers in awhile.  Not to hot and some nice rains.

I am going to repot some lilies this fall.  I did so last year, and I think I had more blooms than usual and earlier in the summer also.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"