Author Topic: Talk about a Storm!  (Read 1389 times)

Offline El Jefe

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • Senior Chief USN Ret
  • With us since: 09/11/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Talk about a Storm!
« on: March 02, 2007, 10:17:21 AM »
Well by now I am sure you have all heard about the storm that spawned the tornados in enterprise alabama http://www.eprisenow.com/ well that same storm front passed through Tallahassee last night or this morning rather @ 0120 (1:20 am for you civillians  ;) ) it lingered on until 0300 and made one heck of a show! I watched lightning hit the ground several times and on was so close to the house that my LB (Lovely Bride) (who is Deaf ) felt the thunderclap and saw me standing in the window. she said the light was so bright she could not look at it/me. It really shocked me (pardon the pun)  as well. That storm came fast and furious and it poured down water and gave us quite the lightning show. Lightning took out the power and the wind really made a mess of things. I was not to worried until the sideways rain came, then I was getting a little antsy. I was up the entire time  :-\  Did not want to go to sleep and have the finger of God come down. They had Tornados to the south of us and to the east of us but nothing here. Whew!!  :(
… The soul is dyed the color of it’s thoughts. Think only on those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice, Day by day, what you choose, what you think and what you do is WHO you become. Your integrity is your destiny, it is the light that guides your way……

Offline Esther

• Trade Count: (9)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Talk about a Storm!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:20:57 AM »
Very scary indeed. Luckily here we just had rain and sleet. We're getting a little lake effect snow today which whitens things up again.

Offline Sean

• Tropical Waterlily Guru
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • Sean's Ponds & Patio Garden
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 11:38:16 AM »
Glad to hear your all right!

Cheers,
Sean
Vancouver BC Zone 8B
...........Click my Gif's............

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 12:04:51 PM »
Was wondering if you were okay. It hit us at 3:00 did a lot of damage north of here but we have just minor stuff around the house. The winds were awful and I was scared. I stayed up all night so I just got up from a nap.

Offline Indiana Karen

• Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 03:05:43 PM »
Glad to hear you are OK, so many sad storys from down there.  When we were first married we lived in a mobile home for 1 1/2 years.  Since then we have always had a basement and I don't think I would want to live in a house without one. 

Karen

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 04:11:47 PM »
Glad you all are alright.  These storms any more aren't typical thunderstorms, their vicious monsters. 

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

GAJen

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 05:11:51 PM »
Our house is all brick except two walls that were closed in where the carport used to be which ....happens to be our bedroom. :o There are trees all around us and several have fell or been damaged in prior storms. I went to the living room last night for a while.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"