Author Topic: Diesel Trees !  (Read 1697 times)

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
Diesel Trees !
« on: July 15, 2008, 10:37:54 PM »
Diesel Trees

The Brazilian tropical tree, copaifera langsdorfii, is said to produce about 40 liters of diesel a year in its maturity   

Mike Jubow, an Australian wholesale nurseryman in the north Queensland city of Mackay, believes he knows the answer to the rising fuel costs and oil shortage for farmers. Jubow is growing imported tropical Brazilian trees which produce diesel oil that can be tapped and poured directly into vehicles and farm machinery.

The tree goes by the botanic name copaifera langsdorfii and Jubow says it will produce about 40 liters of diesel a year, with one hectare (about two and a half acres) of the plants sufficient to produce the fuel needs of a medium-sized farm, about 12,000 liters.

Jubow operates Nunyara Wholesale Forestry Nursery and has been in the industry for 14 years. He first heard about the trees at a forestry conference; while he didn’t believe it at first, after researching it on the internet he decided to get the seeds and give it a try. It took him three years to track the seeds down from a source in Brazil.

“Now we’ve got another oil crisis, our farmers’ cost of production from many avenues are skyrocketing, so their viability is being threatened – now is the prime time to get in and plant this tree,” he said. “It becomes astonishingly viable for a farmer to have a piece of his most productive land to get the tree up and running and then he can be independent from the fuel companies for the rest of his life,” he said.

The trees are known to produce fuel for 70 years. While the fuel cannot be stored for more than a few months it can be tapped. However there are other benefits to the trees; if the oil is left too long, it thickens into copaiba oil which can also be sold as a homeopathic medicine. The tree’s wood can also be milled as a light brown timber for cabinet makers, so that nothing is wasted.

Source: ABC NEWS ONLINE, The Sydney Morning Herald

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Diesel Trees !
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:34:03 AM »
I'm thinking that I wouldn't want to live downwind {nono}

Interesting though,
Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline miguynmkoi

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • Smile!
  • With us since: 23/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 07:47:03 AM »
I can see it now.  Jerry squeezing his tree every morning to fuel his car to make it to auditions around town!  :D ;D

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 07:47:56 AM »
I don't think I would want a house built from the wood of that tree.  NO SMOKING

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 10:27:29 PM »
I have had 2 Diesel vehicles.   If you toss a lit match in a tank of diesel, nothing will happen.
We don't know anything about these trees.  The article said they would be good on a farm for the farms vehicles. We have no idea what the stuff smells like.

Off to Hollywood park tomorrow ( in my Prius) for a role in a Ron Howard movie, called "Devils & Demons."
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline EagleEye

• Trade Count: (5)
  • Members
  • zone 5, Sauk City, WI
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 06:21:39 AM »
 8) And your'e going to be-------------?  {:-P;;

Steve
My Biggest Worry Is That the other half (when I'm dead)  Will Sell My Fishing Stuff For What I Said I Paid For It

Offline Jerry

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:01:05 AM »
A Priest. O0
There will be a lot of us.  Just a fitting this morning  shooting on the 22, 23, and 24th One of the dates will be a night shoot.
My second time with Ron Howard.  "Frost Nixon" was first, not yet released.
I was an Andy Griffith stand in in a different flick.  The CD said I looked like him.  I did many years ago. (We are both now chubettes)  My point is my Link to Mayberry RFD is an odd coincidence.
The set is Tienanmen square. (sp)
Hollywood Park is not too far away, so it's an easy gig.

To those who may not know, Holltwood Park is a racetrack.  Cameras are forbidden as are any recording device. :'(
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

Offline FRED FABOR

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 28/03/2011
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 09:35:26 AM »
Diesel Trees

The Brazilian tropical tree, copaifera langsdorfii, is said to produce about 40 liters of diesel a year in its maturity   

Mike Jubow, an Australian wholesale nurseryman in the north Queensland city of Mackay, believes he knows the answer to the rising fuel costs and oil shortage for farmers. Jubow is growing imported tropical Brazilian trees which produce diesel oil that can be tapped and poured directly into vehicles and farm machinery.

The tree goes by the botanic name copaifera langsdorfii and Jubow says it will produce about 40 liters of diesel a year, with one hectare (about two and a half acres) of the plants sufficient to produce the fuel needs of a medium-sized farm, about 12,000 liters.

Jubow operates Nunyara Wholesale Forestry Nursery and has been in the industry for 14 years. He first heard about the trees at a forestry conference; while he didn’t believe it at first, after researching it on the internet he decided to get the seeds and give it a try. It took him three years to track the seeds down from a source in Brazil.

“Now we’ve got another oil crisis, our farmers’ cost of production from many avenues are skyrocketing, so their viability is being threatened – now is the prime time to get in and plant this tree,” he said. “It becomes astonishingly viable for a farmer to have a piece of his most productive land to get the tree up and running and then he can be independent from the fuel companies for the rest of his life,” he said.

The trees are known to produce fuel for 70 years. While the fuel cannot be stored for more than a few months it can be tapped. However there are other benefits to the trees; if the oil is left too long, it thickens into copaiba oil which can also be sold as a homeopathic medicine. The tree’s wood can also be milled as a light brown timber for cabinet makers, so that nothing is wasted.

Source: ABC NEWS ONLINE, The Sydney Morning Herald

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Sir/Madam,

SALES Diesel Plant (Copaifera langsdorfii) seeds (Brazil) tropical rainforest . contact now … alfredofabor@hotmail.com --Fast Ship to USA & Word - Fresh High Quality seeds

Min. Order: 1 Kilogram

Price: US $350

Thanks in advance,

Alfredo Fabor

Offline Mikey

• Trade Count: (4)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 11:56:01 AM »
The check is in the mail Fred!.........    lol

-Mike- Husband of one, father of two, friend of many-

Cypress, CA Z-10b  NWF Certified Backyard Wildlife Habitat #24958

Offline nartas

• Members
  • With us since: 13/12/2022
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2023, 02:22:52 AM »
I recently had a tree emergency in my backyard, and I want to express my gratitude to the tree service company in Blooming tonil that came to the rescue. A severe storm had caused a large tree branch to fall dangerously close to my house. The tree service team responded promptly and safely removed the branch, preventing any potential damage. Their professionalism and expertise were commendable. Thank you for keeping our community safe. treeservicedecaturil

Offline nartas

• Members
  • With us since: 13/12/2022
    YearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2023, 12:33:48 AM »
analyzing its safety features, ease of use, and overall value. With their reviews, you can make an informed decision on which car seat is best for your child. best luxury car seat stroller combo

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"