Author Topic: I Have Lotus Tips!!!!  (Read 1192 times)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
I Have Lotus Tips!!!!
« on: March 23, 2007, 05:02:39 AM »
I am soooo excited. the Lotus Momo Botan I got from Lawanna is sproutting! @O@ When I got home from the cost yesterday the first thing I did was run up to the pond to look and sure enough there are about 4 sprouts comming.  @O@ Also a notice for a pkg. form John! @O@ @O@ My stupid mail lady never wants to bring pkgs up here cuz she is to lazy. So I hope it's ok. I'll have to set it in a tub of water tell I can get another pot ready. Oh boy my second Lotus. Well off to work I go.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline Joyce

• Trade Count: (24)
  • Members
  • location: Southold, North Fork, Long Island, New York, Zone 7B
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
    • My Photo Albums
Re: I Have Lotus Tips!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2007, 05:06:12 AM »
YAY!!! O0 @O@ 8)
(this weekend I am potting up all of my new lotus)
Peace to all  ... Joyce

Breast Cancer Survivor

“Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature.
It will never fail you.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2007, 05:22:19 AM »
Debbie, I'm so happy for you @O@.  Don't forget the picture when it blooms.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline tranquility

• Trade Count: (72)
  • Members
  • With us since: 10/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2007, 06:13:16 AM »
Great....I bet you even get blooms this year...Momo botan is a strong bloomer... @O@ @O@
Lawanna
Life is too short...... Live, Love, Laugh !!!!

Oklahoma-45 min. from Ganderville
Zone 7a :)

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2007, 03:28:37 PM »
Wow not only did I get a lotus from John today I got a pkg frm Kay with plants in it. I'm so happy I could explode.  @O@ Gosh ya really think I will get blossems this year? Oh boy! I'm so enjoying learning about water plants. I have almost lost intrest in my others. Oh dear my poor flower beds. I promised them tho I wouldn't totally egnore them this year. The first week end in April I going back over to my doughters and I'm really hopeing I can get over to Russell watergardens! o(:-) It's only about 30 min. from her house. 
BTW Joyce I'm old, ya need to type a bit bigger! lol  I went to Sky nursery on Wed but they didn't have any water plants in yet at all? I guess it is a bit earlie even for over there?
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 07:27:42 PM »
I have been trying to spend more time in my flower beds...and not as much time in the ponds....I have concluded the flower beds are more work  ;D....and since alot of the water plants are actually land plants that have been acclimated to water...and I figured I have tons of them so I should plant them in the yard.....everything is shaping up nicely...I'll have to take pics when I'm done...
Lawanna

Offline Ky Kim

• Trade Count: (16)
  • Members
  • location: Louisville, Ky.....6 A/B ish, depends on which way the wind blows I think.
  • Kimberly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2007, 12:59:38 AM »
I know your excited.  My first year with Lotus I had all pads.  But last year I had blooms everywhere.  I can't wait for you to do your first bud.  Its great to see it.

Kim

Ponds are like patato chips, ya just can't have one.

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2007, 04:11:03 AM »
Lawanna, that's to funny! Last year I kept digging things out of the dirt to see how it would grow in the pond lol I can't belive that my marsh merriegold already has buds on it? And we have had some pretty frosty mornings! I think I may have to move her tho to a shadier spot? Last year in Aug. it seems her leaves were frying? Any one know about them?
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Offline marla

• Trade Count: (13)
  • Members
  • With us since: 14/02/2007
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 05:39:23 AM »
Debbie, the Marsh Marigolds tend to do that late in summer.  Sad but they die back sometimes almost completely.  Another thing I've noticed is they seem to be a bit more sensitive to the high ph, I have a very difficult time growing them.  But the nice thing is that, their pretty yellow flower is the first thing to bloom in the spring and add color.  This is why I also go around the yard and dig up clumps of violets and place them in the rocks in the margins, lots of spring color.
Adopt the pace of nature;
Her secret is patience.
Town of Genesee, WI  zone 4

Offline tranquility

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 06:22:26 AM »
Lawanna, that's to funny! Last year I kept digging things out of the dirt to see how it would grow in the pond lol I can't belive that my marsh merriegold already has buds on it? And we have had some pretty frosty mornings! I think I may have to move her tho to a shadier spot? Last year in Aug. it seems her leaves were frying? Any one know about them?
I know I have tried to grow it 3 times now and every time it has died...but, I must have dropped a couple on the ground along the way....because now I have two patches of it that has come back for 2 years now...just growing on the ground  ::).....I finally gave up trying to grow it in the pond....
Lawanna

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"