Author Topic: Looking for a job  (Read 1108 times)

Offline Monica

• Trade Count: (1)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Looking for a job
« on: November 01, 2006, 10:02:10 AM »
I recently decided that I can go back to work now that both my kids are in school.  Yesterday I went to the hospital and put in for 12 different jobs.  I hope I get one because I have put many applications out there and never even got a call.  But I know I am more than qualified for these positions.  I thought maybe if I started calling them a lot that maybe I could get myself noticed and maybe a job in the process.  Do you think it would be a bad idea to do that?  If I just new someone that worked there I might have a better chance but I don't know anyone out there at least that I can think of.
The irony of life is that, by the time you're old enough to know your way around, you're not going anywhere

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for a job
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »
Monica,
  My husband is a supervisor and he says his company likes to have prospective employees call to check. He said his company's policy is if they call to check you can figure they're probably a real go getter and they are more apt to get a job.
For what it's worth.....
Cath.
zone 5b

Offline Jerry

• Trade Count: (7)
  • Members
  • "An analog guy trapped in a digital world."
  • With us since: 05/01/2006
    • View Profile
    • American Ponders!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 08:36:23 PM »
At the very least a follow-up letter is a must.  It shows you are pursuing the position and not a dilettante.
Jerry
Northridge, California  
Zone 10

"Any women that tries to be the equal of a man, lacks ambition!"

American Ponders Watergardening
American Ponders Pond and Koi Forum

Offline brandon2839

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 05/01/2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2024, 12:02:19 PM »
Bitcoin is not considered legal tender in most countries, although it is increasingly accepted as a means of payment by businesses and individuals. Top crypto sports betting reviews

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"