Author Topic: What do you plant in????  (Read 668 times)

Offline milliemax

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 02/09/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
What do you plant in????
« on: March 28, 2007, 08:01:39 PM »
  I have 2 questions:
 1)  What do you plant in your troughs on the outside of your preformed ponds? They are about 4" deep, but are for bog type plants.

2)Do you have "ODD" planters in your garden? Funny things hidden here or there?

I have a couple of stadium speakers that I plant. I have old mop buckets with the squeezer thingys that I plant sweet alysum (looks like bubbles!) I have several scales tat hold pots of flowers.
  I have gnomes tucked in every nook and cranny, some old 60s ashtrays that were broken in the flower garden.
  We are planting a '57 (I think) VW ragtop with a palm tree this summer (the thing was totally rusted out and was painted for a flower show)
    To keep this OT, I have an above ground small pond that I started last summer. We have it surrounded by plants right now, but I want my woodworker DH to make some sort of wood enclosure/bench for the pond. He has already carved me a KOI benchback so I have a bench to sit and watch my little comets eat.
  Love odd things to plant in!   Nancy
Nancy-going crazy! Want to come?
USDA zone 8, No CA

Offline happyoutsidegirl

• Trade Count: (3)
  • Members
  • Be An Organ Doner
  • With us since: 23/01/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: What do you plant in????
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 08:32:15 AM »
Hi Nancy, I plant in everything. My deck is coverd with old backed enamial ware pots and kettels. I found an old B-Q filled it with dirt and I plant in that to. I just put a Lotus in a big old galvanized wash tub on the deck. I also have two old wringer washers I use for plantings. If it has a hole it has a flower in it. But it has to be old stuff.
I'm just happier outside!
 Debbie
SunnyEastern Wa.
zone 5-6

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"