Author Topic: Chameleon Plant "Orange Peel"  (Read 1726 times)

GAJen

• Trade Count: (0)
Chameleon Plant "Orange Peel"
« on: March 24, 2007, 03:50:08 PM »
Can this be planted in a hanging basket or container if kept well moistured?

Offline livetogarden

• Trade Count: (14)
  • Members
  • With us since: 11/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Chameleon Plant "Orange Peel"
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2007, 03:56:18 PM »
I have potted the green and pink one in pots, I usually have tons of it so figured 'what the heck'. It did just fine. I say 'go for it'.
Cath
zone 5b

Offline Bonnie

• Trade Count: (43)
  • Members
  • With us since: 09/08/2006
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2007, 04:06:01 PM »
Why is it that some of the easiest plants, I can't grow! :-\

Pennywort is another one.....

GAJen

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2007, 04:39:18 PM »
Bonnie I have penneywart growing out the everything down here. Cath....I'll do that tomorrow and I did find two small containers of Creeping Jenny at Lowes. Thanks though.

Offline Shae

• Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2007, 11:01:18 PM »
Jen, the Lowe's up here has bunches of creeping jenny. Let me know if you want me to get some. I can bring it down in another week or so when I visit my Dad.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 08:06:44 AM »
I know what ya mean bonnie!  I love the cameleon plant.. everyone has so much success and even call it invasive.. I didnt put it in the pond but in a nice shady place with lots of mositure and nothing. I refuse to spend anymore money on it since I bought so many last year and did everything right.

Same thing with creeping jenny.. it took Cathy sending to me twice and this year I think those are gonna come back.

tinkster

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 08:11:30 AM »
I can't get rid of the stuff Tinkster. I have mine on the north side of the house with morning/early afternoon sun in clay soil. If you want to try again I'll send you some. When I put it in the pond it sulked so that tells me it doesn't like a whole lot of water constantly but allowed to dry out.

Offline tinkster

• Trade Count: (46)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 08:54:41 AM »
thanks kay!  I would love to have the stuff.  Dont know that I have anything you would want to trade for but I would more than glady pay postage for as much of the stuff as you want to give me.. I have huge areas I am dealing with and seems like I plant it dies and weeds are there so I figured this year I am going to aggressively plant and try to make the money go far enuff to buy in masses :)

tinkster

Offline CT

• Trade Count: (19)
  • Members
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 08:57:11 AM »
Sending you a PM :)

GAJen

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 06:43:27 PM »
Jen, the Lowe's up here has bunches of creeping jenny. Let me know if you want me to get some. I can bring it down in another week or so when I visit my Dad.

Bought two containers Saturday at Lowe's here. They had a great selection of plants. Thanks for the thought.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"