Author Topic: Koi Show Dynasties...  (Read 1264 times)

Offline josephandgabby

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Members
  • With us since: 26/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Koi Show Dynasties...
« on: March 05, 2007, 12:44:17 PM »
I’ve never been to a Koi show so please forgive me in advance for asking what is probably an obvious “newbie” question.  It is my understanding that many Koi shows prohibit previous grand champions from re-entering the show in subsequent years. If this is true, I was just wondering why. 

Are “dynasties” discouraged in most Koi shows?  Is it possible for a single Koi to be named grand champion in the same show in consecutive years – i.e., not unlike a heavyweight boxing champion defending his title?  The champion remains the champion until he is defeated in the ring.  On the other hand, is the main priority to crown a new grand champion each year to help promote the hobby?

Again, I know virtually nothing about Koi shows.  I'm just trying to understand...   

Three ponds, too many Koi, and one very angry wife...
http://www.joesponds.com

Offline fl koi farm

• Members
  • With us since: 25/02/2007
    YearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYearsYears
    • View Profile
Re: Koi Show Dynasties...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 06:41:24 PM »
Hi, I do not think so.... :-\ to my understanding. But that is a good question, not a newbie one O0

Offline Noahsnana

• Members
  • With us since: 12/02/2007
    • View Profile
Re: Koi Show Dynasties...
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 10:21:46 AM »
The best fish of the day wins. I don't believe there is a limit to wins.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 
All photo's & content within copyright © 2006-2017 WorldWide WaterGardeners and it's membership "All Rights Reserved"